A few suggestions towards perfection

Discuss suggestions and ideas for the forums, site, software.
misty

A few suggestions towards perfection

Post by misty »

Am new to qBittorrent and I must say am really satisfied by the way this client performs - low cpu and memory footprint. I am a currently a Vuze user and the main reason I've been sticking to Vuze is coz up until now it was the only client with a built-in quicksearch module to search torrents within the client. I find this feature very helpful and am now very glad to see there's something similar in qBittorrent. Am thinking to move permanently to the latter but I would like to see a few things getting implemented in the near future if at all possible:
1. An option where we can specify the client to exclusively lock files that are currently being downloaded/seeded from getting edited/deleted, but not lock them from getting read by another program. I mistakenly deleted files from a torrent that was seeding in qBittorrent and the client didn't show any message that the files are no longer present on the HDD.

2. Allowing the user to set a download/upload speed limit per category by right-clicking the category name and specifying the value manually. The dl/up speed of all torrents under that category get limited to the set values. Say I have a category named "distros" and i've set the upload speed for that category to 100 KB/s, all torrents under "distros" are assigned an up speed limit of 100 KB/s (not individually but as a whole) whether there's 1 or 50+ torrents under that category. This feature is present in Vuze and I believe it's a very handy to limit/prioritize speed per category.

I believe this client has great potential. Hats off on the development so far. :)