REQ: clean-up torrent's downloaded sub-folder

Discuss suggestions and ideas for the forums, site, software.
andwan0

REQ: clean-up torrent's downloaded sub-folder

Post by andwan0 »

Scenario:

Sometimes I unzip the zip files. Sometimes I download extra subtitle files, etc.

It would be handy if there was a right-click feature to clean-up files that are not part of the torrent. This assumes torrents with multiple downloaded files (ie. to a sub-folder.) Then it can easily clean up files within the torrent's sub-folder.
ciaobaby

Re: REQ: clean-up torrent's downloaded sub-folder

Post by ciaobaby »

qBittorrent does not even 'know' of the existence of any 'files' that are not specified in the metadata, so it cannot remove something that it is not 'aware' of.
andwan0

Post by andwan0 »

[quote="ciaobaby"]
qBittorrent does not even 'know' of the existence of any 'files' that are not specified in the metadata, so it cannot remove something that it is not 'aware' of.
[/quote]

That's what I mean.

For example, if the downloaded DATA consists of multiple files/folders then assume it's location to be within a folder.
Couldn't it not scan/list the sub-folders and compare to see if it's in the torrent metadata? Nothing about integrity, but just purely based on filenames/paths. Ofcourse, this only works on 100% downloaded torrents.
Muzak

Post by Muzak »

As Ciaobaby said, qbit doesn't know about files not in the metadata.  you could manually do this by moving the torrent using "Set Location", all the files left behind are not part of the torrent data.
ciaobaby

Post by ciaobaby »

Couldn't it not scan/list the sub-folders and compare to see if it's in the torrent metadata?

Nope, it's not a 'file manager' and it doesn't actually 'know' what files are.