Some suggestions...

Discuss suggestions and ideas for the forums, site, software.
jjforums

Some suggestions...

Post by jjforums »

Better integration with Windows/Firefox please, when I installed qBittorrent I had to select it "qbitorrent.exe" to open downloaded torrents direct in the program, and it show "qbittorrent.exe" with ".exe" in the Firefox download dialog.

I also suggest more actual icons to the program and associated .torrent.
Other thing that should be good is see current progress in taskbar (Windows 7) (like when you're watching a video in Media Player Classic - Home Cinema or downloading with Internet Download Manager).
Put the option to show the column of ammount uploaded (how much I've uploaded of this torrent) because I see only the option to show how much I downloaded.
Save space and put status and % of torrent in the same column.
Make the window flexible (the place where is torrent status isn't flexible).
And fix the latest release to Win7 x64!

Congratulations about the program, it's really good, I think it's the best alternative to uTorrent right now. Good luck to you, and for us, the users! :D
ironcross

Re: Some suggestions...

Post by ironcross »

I can't understand you. I'm using Firefox 5 and when i click a torrent it starts QB immediately.
The place for the torrent status is flexible.
jjforums

Post by jjforums »

Look:

And in the could have a scheduler to put a different setting to each day of week. :)
Last edited by jjforums on Wed Jul 06, 2011 2:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
ironcross

Post by ironcross »

Aaah... you mean up and down :)
jjforums

Post by jjforums »

Yes, I slept and I think my Windows slept too when I get back qBittorrent windows was small and when I maximized this part of status was hiding the last ones, when I tryied to resize it, I couldn't.

Other thing:

Last edited by jjforums on Thu Jul 07, 2011 2:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
ironcross

Post by ironcross »

To use all your bandwidth - just uncheck the two ticks Upload and Download above in Limite global de velocidade.
The option below you tried, is only for limited alternative rate.
In the bottom of the main screen there is a button for switching between Global rate and Alternative rate - be sure you use Global rate and the arrow on the speedometer points right; if it points left - you use Alternative limited rate.
jjforums

Post by jjforums »

yes, but I want to download with a limited bandwidth normally and in a specific time I want to remove this limit, is this possible?
ironcross

Post by ironcross »

[quote="jjforums"]
yes, but I want to download with a limited bandwidth normally and in a specific time I want to remove this limit, is this possible?
[/quote]
And you want this to be done automatically?
jjforums

Post by jjforums »

Yes, why not? I want to help in translation! How can I do it? Other thing, how can I add a private tracker in the search engines (setting login/password)?

- Right click menu to download and go to the page, nothing happens with a right click, it's weird.
- Show comment ratings (to be sure if is safe download torrent from there) I want use just qBittorrent to search for torrents :)

this is was I'm talking about:

Is showing the name of the file (executable) not the program qBittorrent, with uppercase letter and without the program... But I think it's normal because some programs show the ".exe", I didn't see, because I used to use uTorrent and it didn't.
Last edited by jjforums on Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
ironcross

Post by ironcross »

@jjforums, about the automatically switch between Global and Alternative rate check this variant:
Is that you wish?
About the Firefox integration - just put the tick on Memorizar a decisão para este tipo de arquivo and you will never see this dialog again. It will starts QB immediately.
If you wanna help in translation, check this:
http://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/q ... Bittorrent
I don't know about private trackers and search engines :)
jjforums

Post by jjforums »

I think I got it, it works, but I let the suggestion just to improve it... Beucase it doesn't have a setting for different days (for example: I work all saturday so I let download/upload in the max of my bandwidth)

And I'm talking about this:

The sites where the torrent's are downloaded...
ironcross

Post by ironcross »

I know what you talking about, but i can't help you with these search engines. I don't use such things and i don't know about them.
jjforums

Post by jjforums »

Ah, ok! Thanks, I'm using qB as my default torrent manager, I really liked it, so expect suggestions! I want to help :)