Prioritize rechecking by torrent size in ascending order

Discuss suggestions and ideas for the forums, site, software.
Nerva72

Prioritize rechecking by torrent size in ascending order

Post by Nerva72 »

I frequently download both small torrents at the same time I'm downloading gargantuan ones, and I've noticed that if I restart Windows while qBittorrent is running, it apparently doesn't properly shut down (even though I don't do the "force close"), so when I restart qBittorrent it has to recheck everything that was being downloaded.  I am thinking it would be best if it starts by rechecking the smallest torrent and then works its way up in size, rather than have all the small torrents wait until the gargantuan one is done.
ciaobaby

Re: Prioritize rechecking by torrent size in ascending order

Post by ciaobaby »

and I've noticed that if I restart Windows while qBittorrent is running, it apparently doesn't properly shut down (even though I don't do the "force close"),
If you shut down the OS without closing the client first it is still a 'force close' as far as qbittorrent/libtorrent is concerned.
KitKat

Re: Prioritize rechecking by torrent size in ascending order

Post by KitKat »

[quote="Nerva72"]
I frequently download both small torrents at the same time I'm downloading gargantuan ones, and I've noticed that if I restart Windows while qBittorrent is running, it apparently doesn't properly shut down (even though I don't do the "force close"), so when I restart qBittorrent it has to recheck everything that was being downloaded.  I am thinking it would be best if it starts by rechecking the smallest torrent and then works its way up in size, rather than have all the small torrents wait until the gargantuan one is done.
[/quote]
I believe it sorts in the order the torrents are listed/sorted by.
You can always PAUSE the big torrents so it checks the smaller ones first then restart the bigger ones later.