Python upgrades

Discuss suggestions and ideas for the forums, site, software.
Captain Crash

Python upgrades

Post by Captain Crash »

Having just intended to use qBit for a quick download, I received the program upgrade prompt to 3.3.5, which I installed without any problems.  However, when the program launched, I was informed that my Python was out of date and needed upgrading.  I then had to search online for the download, as no link was provided by qBit.  Once found, I installed it over the top of my existing Python installation, thinking it would simply upgrade.  But nothing is ever easy when you don't have much time, is it?  Even after rebooting, qBit failed to recognise the Python upgrade, so I ended up having to fully uninstall and reinstall Python to get the search engine working again in qBit.  The overall process took nearly 40 minutes, as Python is not the quickest program to uninstall or install, which is not the length of time I expected to spend on the machine, when I was already getting late for an appointment.  Of course, that is of no matter to qBit or Python, but a download link to the Python upgrade would have been useful from qBit, as would some sort of notification that version 3.3.5 would require a Python upgrade, so that I could have chosen to proceed with the upgrade at a more convenient time.

Sorry for the slight rant, but it is rather irritating when a 5 minute job on a computer turns into a marathon!