Bulk renaming with find and replace

Discuss suggestions and ideas for the forums, site, software.
Space

Bulk renaming with find and replace

Post by Space »

I really like the fact that you can rename the files and folders before you download them, but it would be so much useful if this thing could be done to multiple files at once. For example, I download quite a lot of TV shows in batches, and all of the files in the batch have extra information in their names, like video resolution, subtitle provider etc. and having to remove all of those manually for an entire season is quite annoying, and I'm pretty sure I am not the only one with the problem.
But a "find & replace" thing could solve this issue. Just type in what you want to find in a text box and with what to replace it in another one. For example, Deluge has a plug-in for this and it's nice, but overall I like qBittorrent more, so I keep changing my mind over which one to use.
You could also include thing like placeholders. For example, a placeholder for the parent folder's name, so you could name each file after that, and one for incrementing numbers, so you could add the episode name at each file etc.

I hope you will consider this thing. Thank you very much  :)