Accelerator keys, tab order, UI tweaks

Discuss suggestions and ideas for the forums, site, software.
ylem

Accelerator keys, tab order, UI tweaks

Post by ylem »

Hi,

Jeez. It's not often you find you've been using completely outmoded software (uTorrent v2.2.1) EVERY SINGLE DAY for YEARS. So... thank you! uTorrent went downhill fast and Vuze is grotesque. qB is and does everything I could want in a torrent client, you've borrowed the best from the best and made it better... clean, light, feature-rich, efficient. Speaking of efficiency, I use keyboard shortcuts / accelerator keys for everything I possibly can, as it's much faster. So I'd like to:

1) Complete accelerator-key implementations in all menus and subforms. They're a bit spotty in the main menu (e.g. missing from Edit —> * Priority settings and Tools —> Manage Cookies) and missing from all context menus / submenus.
2) Clean up tab orders (e.g. Behaviour —> Power Management —> Inhibit system sleep when torrents are active tabs to Language —> User Interface Language combobox) everywhere.

[EDIT: Corrections] Also, accelerator keys do exist for the bottom toggle buttons: ALT + General, TraCkers, PeeRs, HTTP Sources (ALT + B), Content (ALT + Z), and SpeeD, but they're invisible.

There are some other minor UI bugs (e.g. CTRL + TAB and CTRL + SHIFT + TAB navigates between the Transfers / Search / RSS tabs, but once you're in the Execution Log tab, it switches between a non-visible tab and itself, so you're stuck) that I'd like to try cleaning up too. Since these are very minor and simple issues that are nonetheless tedious to implement (especially accelerator keys in multiple languages), I'm hoping I could do it myself... but I've never used Qt toolkit. I run Windows 10 Pro 64-bit — what do I need / where's a good place to start with working on the project? Any pointers would be appreciated.

My PayPal donation isn't huge but I hope you find the time to keep up development. Thanks again!
Last edited by ylem on Thu Jan 25, 2018 3:03 am, edited 1 time in total.