Better upload controls please. And other ideas.

Discuss suggestions and ideas for the forums, site, software.
JasonCarswell

Better upload controls please. And other ideas.

Post by JasonCarswell »

I don't know if these ideas are possible but I hope to see them one day.

I am a digital hoarder.  I have big down and little upload capacity.  I want to share more but I find that it gets monopolized.  More specifically, I'd like to share the older less popular files and or the non-seeded or very rare files.

Perhaps I could give "maximum" priority to unseeded and terrible-ratio (1:30+) torrents, "high" priority to low seeds (<10) and low-ratio (1:10-30) torrents, and "low" priority to adequately seeded and popular torrents.  This way the latest popular TV or movie won't eclipse someone trying to get a rare book or song.

Also, I'd like better path management.  Every time I restart some paths break and if I want to continue seeding them I have to move them back to my incoming/incomplete folder to be "re-validated" then they get moved back where they were.  When I "force recheck" it should check 1) the inbox with !qB 2) the inbox without !qB 3) the destination with !qB and 4) the destination without !qB - covering all potential options.  This seems fundamentally obvious to me.

Better still I'd love to simply set up a FreeNAS box with qBittorrent on it.  Even better than that I'd like to set up several qBittorrent FreeNAS boxes with it that could potentially work together rather than fight for bandwidth and/or screw up my router.  If I could do that I'd actually get a better line in a heartbeat for proper sharing.

Lastly, I'd love to see integration/adoption/fusion/usage/whatev of WebTorrent, ZeroNet, IPFS, Holochain, and other decentralized web technologies, though I expect some may not yet be mature enough yet.

Please forgive my non-coder ignorance or if they already exist.

I'll check back soon.  Thanks in advance.  I look forward to hearing any feedback, good bad or educational.
JasonCarswell

Re: Better upload controls please. And other ideas.

Post by JasonCarswell »

33 views and 0 responses.

:(
Switeck

Re: Better upload controls please. And other ideas.

Post by Switeck »

This is on the milestone/to-do list:
[Wishlist] Alternate connections per torrent while seeding - Upload Slots per SEEDING torrent limit!
https://github.com/qbittorrent/qBittorrent/issues/2193

And would be an important first step to giving more control over upload.

What's needed is coders/devs and reviewers to actually develop the ideas into working code for qBitTorrent to use.