qbittorrent bandwidth

Discuss suggestions and ideas for the forums, site, software.
pitovsky

qbittorrent bandwidth

Post by pitovsky »

I would like to see implemented in Qbittorrent the "bandwidth" as is tixati. This option is very useful for those who want to surf the net and play online without having to shut down the torrent program or having to walk to manually set the speeds ... I can not do more precision how this works ...
Sorry for bad English ...
ironcross

Re: qbittorrent bandwidth

Post by ironcross »

Not limit the speed. Just set your max. connection to 50, max. connections per torrent - 10, upload slots per torrent - 4, max. half-opened connections - 10. You will be able to surf the net with these settings.
Do these settings while wait the "bandwidth" option to be implemented in Qbittorrent ;)
nevernow

Post by nevernow »

Yes, properly setting your connection limits is even more important than bandwidth limits. While http downloads more or less happily share bandwidth, p2p application tend to both slow down and clog other network activities when not properly configured.
pitovsky

Post by pitovsky »

I am not saying that these settings are not important. What I meant was that if we want to play online or turn off the torrent client and then we have to be ourselves and hope that you configure the settings to work .... when I mentioned the example of tixati was for him to do it alone ... and the result was pleasing: I played online (battlafield heroes) without lags or internet connection problems ... this would be a good feature to qbittorrent because it is very practical ...
nevernow

Post by nevernow »

I'm not sure I'm understanding you. Do you want qBittorrent to auto-reduce its network usage when other applications are using the network at the same time? If so, manually setting limits for both bandwidth and connection is certainly better than relying on automation, especially when concurrent applications are something as response-critical as online gaming. In a few words, set those limits yourself and unset them when you're done gaming. ;)
pitovsky

Post by pitovsky »

As I said I do not know if it will be easy or difficult implementation. It would be an idea to make it through the speed limits already implemented ... But I am of those who start when the system starts the torrent and then there I feel like playing (touch to activate the speed limit) ... and go lunch (off the speed limit) ... and come and go to the internet (again activate the limits) ... would be more rational and practical if he did it alone without having to remember whether or not we turn on the speed limit ... But it is my opinion and just a suggestion ... nothing more ...
nevernow

Post by nevernow »

I understand the advantage of adaptive bandwidth management. My point was that the number of active and half-open connections is more important than bandwidth limits (assuming these are reasonably set).