A question from chinese user

Discuss suggestions and ideas for the forums, site, software.
zhouyz527

A question from chinese user

Post by zhouyz527 »

大家好,首先感谢帮助qBittorrent软件的所有人员,自从我发现了这个软件,我就被它所吸引,它的操作体验非常棒。现在我是qBittorrent的忠实用户。当我看到世界各国的人通过我的上传完成了下载时,我很开心,因为我也是通过别人的上传完成了下载。我喜欢这样的互相分享的体验。但是使用过程中,我也遇到了不是很友好的事情。总有很多用户使用一些其它的下载软件,它们疯狂的占用我上传的带宽,并且从不提供任何下载速度。有的根本不显示使用的客户端,有的客户端显示的是类似IP的一些数字,甚至有的显示的是乱码。他们的完成度永远是0%。我看到这些用户的时候很沮丧,因为他们没有分享精神而这样是对qBittorrent的用户不利的,也是不公平的。我想知道有没有什么方法能阻止这些用户的行为。我试过右键选择用户然后屏蔽有户,但这样的方法很累,需要一直注视着屏幕,并且有的不良用户在我选中的瞬间,立刻就消失了,仿佛它知道我马上要屏蔽它一样。

Below is tried translation.

Hello, everyone. First of all, thank you to all the people who helped qbittorrent software. Since I found this software, I have been attracted by it. Its operation experience is very good. Now I am a loyal user of qbittorrent. When I see people from all over the world downloading through my upload, I am very happy, because I also download through other people's upload. I like the experience of sharing with each other. But in the process of using, I also encountered something not very friendly. There are always a lot of users using some other download software, they are crazy to occupy my upload bandwidth, and never provide any download speed. Some clients don't display the client-name they use at all, some clients display some numbers similar to IP number, and even some display the garbled code. Their completion is always 0%. When I saw these users, I was very frustrated because they didn't want to share, which is not good for qbittorrent users, and it's not fair. I want to know if there is any way to prevent these clients from downloading. I tried to right-click to select a user and then screen a user, but this method is very inefficient. I need to keep watching the screen all the time, and some bad users disappear immediately when I select them, as if it knew that I would screen it immediately.
Peter
Administrator
Administrator

Re: A question from chinese user

Post by Peter »

- You can limit your upload speed.

- You can use a ban list.
Go into Settings -> Connection -> it's on the bottom, IP filtering.
Keep in mind, using a filter can be unproductive.
See the notice here: https://wiki.manjaro.org/index.php?titl ... Bittorrent

To find a list, Google: "IP Blocklist torrent"

- There are clients that ban "bad peers", but it's designed to ban leecher Chinese/bad peers as far as I am aware? I am not sure though.
See: https://github.com/c0re100/qBittorrent-Enhanced-Edition