Magnet link - torrent management boxes - manual mode

Discuss suggestions and ideas for the forums, site, software.
rmadd101

Magnet link - torrent management boxes - manual mode

Post by rmadd101 »

I routinely copy multiple magnet links into a text file and add to qBittorrent using that method. One feature that seems to have gone away that I liked is the appearance of the torrent management boxes that pop up when using manual mode. In the past, they would remain a fairly small size while searching for the relevant link's list of contents, then expand once that info was found and I could select which files I did or didn't want to download, priority, etc. This feature was particularly nice because you could formerly only interact with the foremost window open for anything related to qBittorrent, which meant I could at least see if any of the dozen magnet links I added were still active by virtue of their expanded size, even though I'd have to cancel out all the inactive ones just interact with it (on a related note, I appreciate that I can now interact with any qBittorrent window that's open, whether it's any one of the pending magnet links, or anything the program's main window). Now that I think about it, the information that's currently displayed vertically to the left of the window used to be horizontal across the top, and the list would expand downward from there.

I guess, in my mind, the ideal way this would work would be a magnet link searching for its info would be a small-ish size, and once that info was located, it would expand to display the file list. That way, rather than having to click through all the identical-sized windows, selecting OK or Cancel for each, I could simply see right away which files are ready to go, and easily interact with the OK button without having to cancel any others that are still pending.

Long story short, it's possible that maybe there's a setting that I used to have checked/unchecked that changed how these torrent management boxes resized when searching or ready, as I recently upgraded my OS (though all the main features, such as destination folder and port forwarding and all that, seem to have been left alone), and have also upgraded the program multiple times over the past several months--to that end, I can't quite recall when I first noticed this concern of mine surface, but it's definitely been with one of the recent-ish releases.

Thanks!
qbt.png
qbt.png (381.53 KiB) Viewed 1107 times
What I'm currently looking it, albeit with some slight editing of the photo. But all boxes are stacked, and while I can drag each around, it's usually just quicker to Cancel those that are still pending and retry again when I'm done going through the list. Imagine the box only showing the grey part initially (including OK/Cancel buttons by the "retrieving metadata" bar), then expanding to the right to show the file list once metadata has been retrieved.