Import from µTorrent

Discuss suggestions and ideas for the forums, site, software.
GTX2GvO

Import from µTorrent

Post by GTX2GvO »

I'm guessing this is a much wanted, yet (oddly) not previously requested feature.

The ability to import Labels, (active) torrents and their download locations from µTorrent to qBittorrent.

How should it potentially work?
qBittorrent should look into µtorrents appdata folder (if it exists) for the settings.dat file and resume.dat file.
From those it could (hopefully) distillate the used Labels, which torrents are actively downloaded/seeded within µTorrent AND most of all WHERE they are located.
(and maybe a few more µTorrent settings that qBittorrent could use  ;) )

By checking these files first before simply adding every .torrent file withing µTorrents appdata folder will save a lot of hassle with old and long dead .torrent files.
(of the 770+ .torrent files in this folder on my HDD, only a mere 200 would still be alive)
Last edited by GTX2GvO on Wed May 23, 2012 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DeathStalker

Re: Import from µTorrent

Post by DeathStalker »

How about just being able to SELECT *any* resume.dat file?  IMHO, that would make the most sense.

Personally, I do NOT like applications automatically using my Apps folders - especially when I want to *specifically* version them into individual folders (as I do with uT).

For qBT to be able to effectively compete, not only does it NEED a proper IMPORT function, it also needs to be able to be PORTABLE - meaning to look in the folder of the EE being run, for the settings and resume files.

Design a BETTER product, not just one that does the same thing that others do.  IMHO, lately it seems that the uT dev teams have been dropping the ball, so I'm looking at alternate clients.  From the Wiki BT page, qBT "seems" to be the best choice, but not if it can't do what I need it to do.