A Purge feature to replace '.unwanted' folder functionality needs to happen.

Discuss suggestions and ideas for the forums, site, software.
WTe

A Purge feature to replace '.unwanted' folder functionality needs to happen.

Post by WTe »

Formerly when files within a torrent were marked with Download Priority status Do Not Download, it would put those files in an ".unwanted" folder within the torrent's folder. This made it extremely easy from there to do a simple recursive find and delete via commandline to purge the extra space these files were taking.

With 4.3.0 release, this feature was removed and while it's not terrible, it does seem to render priority changes after the fact moot. For example, if I were to download a collection of Zips and decide to keep only one, under the old method I would just mark the unwanted files Do Not Download and subsequently commandline purge the '.unwanted' folders very quickly. Now I have to manually change both qbittorrent and then go into each and every folder itself and delete the files I no longer want to keep one by one, crosschecking names and making it a very time-consuming process. I'm wasting a lot of time and HD space as it is right now on something that's very easy for the computer to do.

I would suggest on paused torrents with completed elements, to have a "Force Purge" feature on the right hand click under "Force Recheck", which would actively delete "Do Not Download" marked files that nevertheless show something on the Progress bar.
evgenetic

Re: A Purge feature to replace '.unwanted' folder functionality needs to happen.

Post by evgenetic »

There's an open issue on github about this: https://github.com/qbittorrent/qBittorrent/issues/13531
And yes, this was an extremely useful feature that I used constantly. I'm staying on version 4.2.5 exactly for this reason.