More options for torrent queueing with users that have more than 999 active, concurrent torrents.

Discuss suggestions and ideas for the forums, site, software.
larkable

More options for torrent queueing with users that have more than 999 active, concurrent torrents.

Post by larkable »

I seed a lot of... Linux ISOs. Almost 4,000, in fact.

The current Torrent Queueing looks like this:

If I download ~500 Linux ISOs at the same time, my bandwidth is stretched between them all, so I have to enable the torrent queueing option temporarily so I can download them. Sadly, this means that I can only seed 999 Linux ISOs at the same time. I seed... private... Linux ISOs, so the 3,000 torrents that don't fit in the maximum 999 are marked as "Queued" which means the private tracker for these Linux ISOs don't see my as connectable so I don't earn bonus points for all the Linux ISOs that I seed.

Either the option should be tweaked to where I can turn on/off all three of these options individually (I feel like is the better solution) or allow me to put a value higher than 999 into these boxes to something like... 99999 or even infinity (probably the easier solution).

This way people with a lot of Linux ISOs can seed their stuff more efficiently without having to sacrifice their precious upload credit or bonus points.

I really hope this gets added to the client!

Thanks!

Edit: I'm stupid - you can force resume completed torrents to achieve the same effect. I still believe the queue should go higher than 999.
Peter
Administrator
Administrator

Re: More options for torrent queueing with users that have more than 999 active, concurrent torrents.

Post by Peter »

Just put -1 there and then you have no limit. :)
Or input 0, then press the down arrow and it becomes an infinite symbol.
Both works. Enjoy.
larkable

Re: More options for torrent queueing with users that have more than 999 active, concurrent torrents.

Post by larkable »

Wow, thanks I would have never figured that out... I feel like an idiot lol