Hello Hello Forum

BitTwiddler

Hello Hello Forum

Post by BitTwiddler »

Hello I am Chase, or rather BitTwiddler, since I stopped trying to use my more common nickname on forums awhile ago.

I have been around the block a few times with Torrent program. Name a torrent program and I have tried it. Recently (like the last year) I have been rather desperate however, since uTorrent 2.0 was starting to show its age, and moving up to whatever current version of it was Unacceptable.

So I went around and tried every torrent program I could find. Transmission, Tixati, Vuze, BitLord, BitTornado, BitTorrent (rebranded uTorrent), Deluge, FDM (I use this for normal downloads already), and a few others I don't remember. Apparently somehow this nice little program slipped through the net. I might have just looked at it and discarded it without trying it (sorry!).

But now I am using it and I am liking it. I am transitioning from a few month period using Vuze. I had to disable about 90% of its options to get it where I liked it. Before that I was using Tixati for awhile (months), and before that I had been using uTorrent (years), and before that.... well... uhm, I think it was Shareaza, but that ship has sailed.

I like the minimalist feel of qBittorrent and I am sorry I didn't try it sooner.
Last edited by BitTwiddler on Tue Nov 05, 2013 4:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
zeomal

Re: Hello Hello Forum

Post by zeomal »

Welcome!
ironcross

Post by ironcross »

@BitTwiddler, welcome!
We will try to make you transitioning period from Vuze or other torrent-clients easier.
Nemo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Nemo »

Welcome :), have a great time using qBittorrent and browsing our forum.