Newbie qBittorrent User Question

Windows specific questions, problems.
Lincon

Newbie qBittorrent User Question

Post by Lincon »

Hello everyone,,
Long time ?Torrent user. So far with qBittorrent all I have been doing is first downloading a magnet link into to uTorrent and then copying that magnet link in to qBittorrent : ) In uTorrent when I DL a magnet link and say the link consists of 5 separate files and I only want to DL say the 2nd and third files I am given the option of just choosing those two and uTorrent will DL just those two files and not 5 files. If I do that and then say copy that magnet link from uTorrent into qBittorrent, qBttorrent proceeds to DL all 5 files and not just the two files I selected for uTorrent. How do I get qBittorrent to just download a particular number of files if a magnet link has multiple files associated with it? TIA.
Peter
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Newbie qBittorrent User Question

Post by Peter »

When you click add magnet link in qBittorrent, you simply have to wait where you just see that empty window...
There is even a progress bar at the bottom I think. It has to download the .torrent file first from the other peers (that's how magnet link works) and THEN it can show you what the torrent contains and THEN you can pick the files.

This usually means a <10second wait time. But it highly depends on the torrent and swarm.