connection problem: UPnP/NAT-PMP: Port mapping failure, message: could not map port using UPnP: no router found

Windows specific questions, problems.
dreot

connection problem: UPnP/NAT-PMP: Port mapping failure, message: could not map port using UPnP: no router found

Post by dreot »

Hi,

Since qbittorrent 4.1.9.1 I noticed I have connection problems and the execution log says:
UPnP/NAT-PMP: Port mapping failure, message: could not map port using UPnP: no router found
In some occasions when I restart qbittorrent it works again but often not.

I managed to narrow it down to the firewall which is blocking some (apparently) needed traffic which was never needed before, because my firewall rules are probably older than a year and never changed.
I have firewall rules for incoming and outgoing TCP and UDP traffic for the qbittorrent.exe file. But now this is giving problems and if I add a rule for outgoing ICMPv4 traffic the connection is made again, execution log says "External IP: xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx" and the client works again and can contact the trackers again.
Allthough it works fine now, previously I saw the port mappings on my router and now it shows no port mapping, but qbittorrent is working fine with uploads and downloads, so maybe just some issue on the router and not really qbittorrent related, just mentioning it.

I have no idea if this is a problem, a bug or maybe something that just changed with new libraries.

Have a good day!
dreot

Re: connection problem: UPnP/NAT-PMP: Port mapping failure, message: could not map port using UPnP: no router found

Post by dreot »

Update version 4.2.0 seems to work correctly again, can delete additional firewall rule(icmpv4), works fine with only incoming and outgoing TCP and UDP rules.

Closed.
ory

Re: connection problem: UPnP/NAT-PMP: Port mapping failure, message: could not map port using UPnP: no router found

Post by ory »

Hello,

I have same problem with UPnP with version 4.2.0 as dreot and

I have fiends which have version 4.2.1 and also have same problem with UPnP like dreaot.

Please can you check it and send us feedback when will be fixed?

Thanks
scragly

Post by scragly »

ory wrote: Wed Dec 25, 2019 8:33 pm I have same problem with UPnP with version 4.2.0 as dreot
As dreot said the issue was resolved as of v4.2, and you're saying you do have a similar issue, the problem isn't likely the same one.

Gather and share any relevant logs from your own client execution log and provide full info on your client version, OS build version and what port settings you're using currently.