Force recheck after a download completes

Other platforms, generic questions.
weslofi

Force recheck after a download completes

Post by weslofi »

I recently had multiple downloads that had corrupt chunks after completing. I only noticed the issue because a few were in rar archives and they failed their CRC checks. After that, I forced recheck on some other downloads that were not in rar archives, and a few were also corrupt and had to redownload a chunk.

When downloading 20+ gigabyte files, it's not unusual for a bit flip to occur and having the client recheck before considering the download completed successfully is invaluable. Is there any way to enable this in Qbit?

If not, I will try to put an API call in my post download script to force a recheck, but ideally just having the application verify downloads makes more sense.

Any help appreciated.

(Also, I typed this forum post 3 times at this point after the forum lost data last week, and my login session randomly kicked me when hitting submit. ARGH!!!)
Peter
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Force recheck after a download completes

Post by Peter »

Yes it's possible.
It's in Advanced settings.
"Recheck torrents on completion".

That's all you need. :p
weslofi

Post by weslofi »

How do I set this setting in the text config files?

There is no Advanced settings menu or section of any kind in the web UI.
Peter
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Peter »

Well I just searched for "recheck" in the .ini (config file) and found this:

Code: Select all

Advanced\RecheckOnCompletion=true
I think that'll be it. :p
weslofi

Post by weslofi »

Advanced\RecheckOnCompletion does not exist in my config file (qBittorrent.conf).

I added it exactly as you showed it, and it works! Thanks, and sorry it took me so long to reply here.

One last issue I see... my script which runs on completion runs as soon as the torrent completes, before the recheck finishes. Is there a way to fix this? A download shouldn't be considered complete before it's been verified because the script kicks off things like unrar, and copying finished downloads to library locations.