Please see the attached image.

Any ideas?
Attachments
eb_qb-ignoreul-1.png
eb_qb-ignoreul-1.png (11.89 KiB) Viewed 5109 times
postcd

Re: qBittorrent ignoring upload limit

Post by postcd »

What about trying to schedule use of the Alternative Rate Limits as per the screenshot and restarting qbt and making a screenshot of the speed graph + defined rate limit if it exceed it. I also have ticked to apply limits on utp and transport overhead.. (the options are on the screenshot).
neil

Post by neil »

[color=#000073Me too. Windows 7 on an i7-720 laptop.

I clicked the speed indicator in the lowest-right-hand corner and selected a limit on the upload-speed. I waited for a few minutes, but it never had an effect.[/color]
King Mustard

Post by King Mustard »

I started this topic on 4.1.8.

4.2.3 hasn't fixed the issue for me.
Resaltare

Post by Resaltare »

Same here. This make QBT pretty much useless in some cases. I will check the git and open an issue if needed.
Nemo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Nemo »

Check ''Apply rate limit to uTP protocol'' and ''Apply rate limit to peers on LAN''.

These are checked as default settings, wondering why you unchecked them? Of course it will override your limits that you set.
King Mustard

Post by King Mustard »

Nemo wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 9:42 pm Check ''Apply rate limit to uTP protocol'' and ''Apply rate limit to peers on LAN''.

These are checked as default settings, wondering why you unchecked them? Of course it will override your limits that you set.
Makes zero difference if I ticked them all.
Nemo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Nemo »

Quick test:
Attachments
Naamloos.png
Naamloos.png (59.58 KiB) Viewed 4989 times
Nemo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Nemo »

Sometimes it can show a little higher value under the screen where the rate limit is shown but not double as your picture.

Did you try clean install? Using vpn or something? I ain't.
King Mustard

Post by King Mustard »

Nemo wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 10:13 pmQuick test:
I tried only ticked the top and bottom ones as in your screen - same problem.
postcd

Post by postcd »

You guys restarted qbt right? Note that there is version 4.2.3 https://www.qbittorrent.org/news.php

Similar issues:
qbittorrent-nox 4.2.1 ignoring schedule of alternative rate limits
Qbitorrent ignores upload speed limit

in one of the issues is mentioned that maybe qbt ignore low limits like 80kB, maybe try increasing (and restartting?)
King Mustard

Post by King Mustard »

postcd wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 9:39 am You guys restarted qbt right? Note that there is version 4.2.3 https://www.qbittorrent.org/news.php

Similar issues:
qbittorrent-nox 4.2.1 ignoring schedule of alternative rate limits
Qbitorrent ignores upload speed limit

in one of the issues is mentioned that maybe qbt ignore low limits like 80kB, maybe try increasing (and restartting?)
Mine is set to 250 KB/s and I open and close the client several times per day.

No VPN.

Definitely a program bug.
Nemo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Nemo »

If you know that its being downloaded by thousands of other users around the world I would assume that it is indeed a bug if it would affect them also, including me.

We would see more reports here but also at Github. You are not the only one setting rate limits.

Try a different client and see how it works there I would say. The issue could be on your end as I don't see any reason why qBittorrent wouldn't keep its limits. So its a bit easy to say and blame qBittorrent for it in my opinion.

I will test it few times more when I get home.
King Mustard

Post by King Mustard »

Nemo wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 8:12 pm If you know that its being downloaded by thousands of other users around the world I would assume that it is indeed a bug if it would affect them also, including me.

We would see more reports here but also at Github. You are not the only one setting rate limits.

Try a different client and see how it works there I would say. The issue could be on your end as I don't see any reason why qBittorrent wouldn't keep its limits. So its a bit easy to say and blame qBittorrent for it in my opinion.

I will test it few times more when I get home.
I understand where you're coming from, I truly do.

But the client on my system is not adhering to the settings that limit the limits. It's provable and literal.

It could, as an example, be a bug with a driver (such as a network driver) on this end or something. If so, I am happy to assist the developers figure something like that out.
Nemo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Nemo »

Im trying to reproduce it but for now I see it stays at the limit I have set, even after some restarts. I set it at 250KiB/s just like you.

Now, look at the picture and let me know of the following:

byguyjuhbhgj.png
byguyjuhbhgj.png (37.42 KiB) Viewed 4892 times

- Does it stay at the limit you have set at the transfer window?
- As you can see the information under the screen is probably including overhead and such (I think). Its also not the same as my limit above. I saw it shooting to 300+ too few times for a moment. Ignore this one for now.