Windows to Linux migration

Windows specific questions, problems.
thezman007

Windows to Linux migration

Post by thezman007 »

Hi all,

I have been using qbittorent for at least a few years now and REALLY like it. Much better than uTorrent, Transmission, etc. I have used the desktop app on Windows 10 Pro x64 and the web UI a bit as well. This was paired with a WD DL2100 NAS for storage. My PC is on basically 24/7 and is a seedbox among other things. My NAS has some filesystem problems and I am migrating to a HP Gen10 MicroServer. It's running openmediavault (which is built on Debian) with a Plex docker and soon a qBittorent docker as well.

My question is this:

How can I keep my tracker information for the 400-500 torrents I have? I use a few private trackers and REALLY want/need to keep my trackers info correct. How do I accomplish this?

I have searched for the answer to this question and haven't found a post that really answers my question. Thanks in advance.
postcd

Re: Windows to Linux migration

Post by postcd »

Hi, i only know where are data folders, but i do not know how to adjust paths in these files in order to work on Linux. no C:\abc\abc, but /media/user/hddname/abc/abc

grasmanek created some tutorial, check it.

----
Anyway, here is how to move data (you would need to manually fix paths of each torrent). I think it can easier job if most torrents are in Automatic management state and you "just" change Default Savepath in QBT settings on Linux and then recheck all torrents.

How to move data (this tutorial is not good, because does not fix paths of torrents)
on Windows 10 i open AppData folder by doing keyb. shortcut Ctrl+R, type: %appdata%
Run
It will open the folder, there i backup qBittorrent folder and then go one folder up, Open "Local" folder and backup qBittorrent folder also here.
These two folders contains settings, and loaded torrent files / resume data. So i would backup them to external drive (while qbittorrent is gracefully closed and process is not running).
Under Linux i assume the path to settings will be in /home/username/ or something like that, here it is described: https://github.com/qbittorrent/qBittorr ... s-settings
When you start qbt and maybe add some test torrent file on Linux, it should create settings folder, then after quit, you can replace by Windows backups. The configuration files in /home/username/.config/qBittorrent/ may need to have their extension replaced (ini to conf).
I may be wrong, if you find a tutorial or solve it, please give feedback.
Last edited by postcd on Tue Nov 13, 2018 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
postcd

Post by postcd »

UPDATE: New Windows tool :D to:
- bulk change/replace save paths of the qbittorrent torrents
- bulk replace trackers
https://github.com/rumanzo/qbtchangetracker
postcd

Post by postcd »

Last edited by postcd on Sun Jul 24, 2022 5:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
postcd

Post by postcd »

I have used this tutorial read here.