qb client does not react to magnet links or torrent files

Windows specific questions, problems.
qaabaaq

qb client does not react to magnet links or torrent files

Post by qaabaaq »

Hey,

First, I want to say that I'm quite new to torrenting. Still, I have some experience with utorrent but now want to switch to qbittorrent and just downloaded qb client from the offical website (after having pgp verified the download file). I use a VPN that provides a proxy too. So I set up the proxy, connected to my VPN (kill switch activated) and wanted to give it a first shot. When I click on magnet links qbittorrent does not show any file selected (even after a few minutes). When I use the same magnet with utorrent the files are displayed within a few seconds.

Any ideas?

I run the latest version (4.2.5). I also thought it might have something to with having VPN plus Proxy active, so I disabled the proxy that I use the VPN only but the problem remains.

Would be glad if you can help me!
Robolov

Re: qb client does not react to magnet links or torrent files

Post by Robolov »

Hi,
How's your general connectivity with qBittorrent? Do you manage to download anything using .torrent files?
qaabaaq

Post by qaabaaq »

Hi,
I didn't manage to download anything at all. But your comment made me try downloading a torrent file without my VPN and then qBittorrent detected the file eventually!

I think I know what's the problem now: Before I tried to download anything with qBittorrent I went to Options -> Advanced -> Network Interface -> Switched it to NordLynx. In the NordVPN App (Settings -> Auto connect -> VPN protocol) was still "Open VPN (UDP) recommended" selected. I switched this to "NordLynx" too and now it seems to work. I'm not sure whether I should switch back to UDB when not using qBittorrent or I can stick to the "NordLynx" protocol constantly.

As I said I'm quite new to torrenting, so if you see anything in the settings above I should be concerned about please let me know!

Thank you!
Robby

Post by Robby »

Hi All. I have a similar problem where QB doesn't respond to magnet links, but my former client uTorrent does - it even starts up to serve the magnet links. I can't find anything in Windows 8.1 to set a default for magnets and QB doesn't show up in a list to "set as defaut all files (the program) can open".
Robby

Post by Robby »

It's all right - I found the problem was with Firefox later versions and their content handling - I'm still working on Firefox.