How to make the torrents in qBittorrent to queue for upload and not keep changing around?

Windows specific questions, problems.
zhicuk

How to make the torrents in qBittorrent to queue for upload and not keep changing around?

Post by zhicuk »

I upload dozens to hundreds of torrents per day. Usually after I fill out the information on the web page one by one, I drag and drop hundreds of .torrent files into the client at once, and then I hope the client to queue them up and upload them 3 by 3 (i.e. up to 3 torrents taking up the upload bandwidth at the same time), NOT let all the torrents send out connections at once at the same time.

Earlier I used uT v2.2.1, I could achieve the above goal by simply setting the maximum active torrents to 3. But recently I switched to qB, and I dont know how to achieve the above effect in qB. After I set up like this or this, the active 3 torrents will keep changing around like the gif below shows, and I don't know why (the speed in gif is sped up, it actually changes every 15 seconds or so)

Question: In qB, how to only let 3 torrents upload at the same time and don't keep changing around, and then give the position to other torrents in the queue only after any one of 3 is finished (no active connection)? Thank you.

zhicuk

Re: How to make the torrents in qBittorrent to queue for upload and not keep changing around?

Post by zhicuk »

Sorry to bump but I'm still anxiously waiting for help. All my other torrents are loaded in qB, but the daily uploading had to be done within uT awkwardly because of this issue.
Anyone met this issue before?
zhicuk

Re: How to make the torrents in qBittorrent to queue for upload and not keep changing around?

Post by zhicuk »

Bump (I know bump is annoying. but at least say something even if none knows the answer pls)
PriitUring

Post by PriitUring »

If there's no peer interested to receive data, then torrent client will try to seed some other currently not active torrents. You can't force a specific order in which torrents are seeding, that would not make any sense, because then there should be a feature added to change how long to keep one torrent active, but if no peer is currently interested then a lot of torrents might never be shared when another peer is actually interested in some other torrent if you never keep other torrents active often enough.

I have uT with 300+ torrents and it doesn't honor order the torrent number when it is seeding files, so you are either are lucky one, misunderstood something or just wish to change torrenting algorithm.

Another possibility is that when qB is contacting with trackers or trying to contact other peers who have limited download slots or active connections, maybe speed you offer is not fast enough, therefore they're only connecting with you for a short moment to exchange possible better peers to get or share data instead.

You can't force peers to connect with you and messing with default settings ain't good either. Just use latest qB, default settings and don't run uT at the same time, messes up connection if don't know how something works.

Both uT and qB have options to show currently active, paused, completed etc, so you don't need to keep an eye for the whole list of torrents currently seeding or ready to seed, unless you want to stop seeding some or wish to see how many are interested in receiving data from you. Still both uT and qB are not showing entire possible peer list as other torrenting clients, that's bit unnecessary information for normal users anyways.

You also can't expect to get reply by replying to your own post. People see that there is already 2 replies and will think someone already solved your question. On mobile version of this forum I am unable to see who started a topic, only shows how many replies, last reply date and last person who replied.

Wishing to get random reply does not solve anything either, will make people think someone already solved your problem and will not be interested in opening up to check your post.
zhicuk

Post by zhicuk »

PriitUring wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 8:54 pm If there's no peer interested to receive data......
Thanks for the reply, not interest from other peers is certainly not the reason, and the torrents queue for uT does exist. More text descriptions are not very useful I think, a detailed comparison video will be record tomorrow with the same torrents, running at the similar time on same tracker and machine, which will perhaps illustrate the problem more clearly.
PriitUring

Post by PriitUring »

Many modems, routers and network cards have limited number of connections they can handle. Same goes for announcing to trackers.

Select stop seeding if really interested in keeping only few torrents active or ready to seed or force announce to trackers if automatically every 30min is too long for connection retry.

There's nothing for me to do with another video because I do not know how to change peer connections, network and torrent protocol algorithms or how to hide away torrents that only establish or try establishing connection with trackers or peers for only for a few minutes or seconds.

You will have to wait when someone else is more knowledgeable and willing to share more explanation and examples how the queue, peer exchange, tracker announcement, DHT, connection limit and upload limit etc works and how it's behaviour shown in different programs and if there's anything for you to do to limit unnecessary torrent activity information for you in qB.
PriitUring

Post by PriitUring »

Go to settings and uncheck "Do not count slow torrents", then qBitorrent should respect your currently uploading torrent count limit, but then you'll be not able to find peers so often to seed other inactive completed torrents.
https://github.com/qbittorrent/qBittorrent/issues/14120

Otherwise just manually stop seeding torrents if you do not like seeing big amount of activity in your default torrent list.
zhicuk

Post by zhicuk »

This thread is abandoned.
Never mind, I've already invested no less than 5-6 hours in troubleshooting alone first, and then google and troubleshooting repeatly, asking on my local country forum in my native language, and then on reddit in English, and then here again, and now have to record a video (including preparing the test torrents, planning the steps of a well thought out test, taking into account as more possibilities as possible *in advance* (otherwise need re-record), need another 2~3 hours. so exhausting). no worth to invest more time in this problem esp high chance continue not enough reply. If this issue is so rare that none others met it, then forget about it.

Please dont bump this thread again. and Thank you PriitUring!
PriitUring

Post by PriitUring »

Sorry for bumping, but I thought I already found help to your problem. I previously shared a link to GitHub website, where I found similar issue shared by another user and shared instructions what you need to change in qBitorrent. In the GitHub link, there's even screenshots showing where the setting is. So you are not alone and there is an easy solution.
PriitUring wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 2:16 pm Go to settings and uncheck "Do not count slow torrents", then qBitorrent should respect your currently uploading torrent count limit, but then you'll be not able to find peers so often to seed other inactive completed torrents.
https://github.com/qbittorrent/qBittorrent/issues/14120
If you could write what is your native language, then I can try translating which setting is necessary to be changed in qBittorent.
Attachments
20210122_013202.jpg
20210122_013202.jpg (129.42 KiB) Viewed 6011 times