qBittorrent can't launch

Windows specific questions, problems.
vasssiia

qBittorrent can't launch

Post by vasssiia »

Hello,

Just discovered that I can't launch qbittorrent.
I see that process starting and disappearing from Task Manager. I do not have it blocked by Defender (at least I cant see any warnings). No issues in Event Viewer.
Reinstalling new version not helped me. Reinstalling older one as well.
I noticed if I removed settings folder in AppData\Roaming software shows screen with confirmation of file exchange after first launch and that's all.
qBittorrent\logs file shows nothing about launching.
Peter
Administrator
Administrator

Re: qBittorrent can't launch

Post by Peter »

So even if you wipe qBittorrent and ALL it's settings (mind you, there is a folder both in %APPDATA% and %LOCALAPPDATA%) it just won't run?

Are you sure you were not using two monitors and maybe it's opening on the second screen?
Could you check the memory usage of the qbittorrent.exe process when this happens?

Thank you.
vasssiia

Post by vasssiia »

Thanks for feedback.

I was able to find reason. I changed couple of days ago User's temp folders locations to another drive. When I return drive letter back - it restored software launching.
marose0001

Post by marose0001 »

qbittorrent would not launch. I noticed that qbittorrent had installed in the "C:\Program Files" Folder. I moved the qbittorrent install folder from the "C:\Program Files" Folder to the "C:\Program Files (x86)" Folder and created a shortcut to the qbittorrent.exe file on my desktop. qbittorrent now launches properly.