Problem Seeding on a Private Tracker

Windows specific questions, problems.
Rokkross

Problem Seeding on a Private Tracker

Post by Rokkross »

Hey, I know this is probably not completely qbittorrent related, but I thought someone would be able to help out. Yesterday, I obtained an account on what.cd, and have only downloaded two torrents from the site so far (don't want to start splurging when you first get your membership). Here's the problem, when the torrent is downloading, it connects to everyone fine, I can see all the peers in the list, and there's no trouble whatsoever, but as soon as the torrent finishes the download, no connections are made, and no data is uploaded, which means I can't seed even 1 byte of data. My question is what setting, either in qbittorrent or my network, would I have to change in order to seed at all? I haven't tested any torrents from public trackers yet, because I also obtained qbittorrent yesterday as well. Does anyone know possible problems?
Nemo
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Problem Seeding on a Private Tracker

Post by Nemo »

Maybe a dumb advice but after you finished your torrent are there other people (leechers) avaible so you can upload data to? Perhaps there are no leechers anymore.
Rokkross

Post by Rokkross »

[quote=""NeMo_0""]Maybe a dumb advice but after you finished your torrent are there other people (leechers) avaible so you can upload data to? Perhaps there are no leechers anymore.[/quote]
Yes there are (but my torrent client doesn't show any). I'm sure the problem is beyond the torrent, and has to do with my settings, but I can't seem to find what to change, everything seems right.
ironcross

Post by ironcross »

Try v.2.4.9. I can't upload with latest versions too :( But with 2.4.9 no problem with upload.
Nemo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Nemo »

I hope the new version v2.5.1 fixes this upload issue, awaiting the windows version to test it.
kh1234567890

Post by kh1234567890 »

The problem is still there in version 2.6.3 !

Uploads are fine while downloading but once seeding only uploads peter out to zero if the upload limiting box is set. Clearing the limiter and limiting the upload rate elsewhere (Netlimiter) quickly brings uploads back to life. Seems that there is something up with the way you do the upload rate limiting rather than a simple bug. :(
Peter
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Peter »

@kh: Please make a new ticket on the bugtracker about this. Chris will be able to track it more effectively and will get it fixed much sooner.
christophe.dumez

Post by christophe.dumez »

[quote=""kh1234567890""]The problem is still there in version 2.6.3 !

Uploads are fine while downloading but once seeding only uploads peter out to zero if the upload limiting box is set. Clearing the limiter and limiting the upload rate elsewhere (Netlimiter) quickly brings uploads back to life. Seems that there is something up with the way you do the upload rate limiting rather than a simple bug. :([/quote]

Please subscribe to:
http://code.google.com/p/libtorrent/iss ... 6&q=upload

And try to provide information there. It seems that some users have upload issues with recent libtorrent. The author thought he has fixed it in v0.15.5 (which you probably have). So it is likely that the bug is not completely resolved. qBittorrent is a GUI for libtorrent (it is unlikely to be a qBittorrent bug in this case).
Nemo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Nemo »

Hmm yesterday after completing the torrent at a private tracker I uploaded 1:1 ratio but at the site I saw only that I uploaded 75% of the file which is weird, btw my first private torrent with qBittorrent. I waited a bit to see if it changes but didnt change; my ratio of the file isn't reported correctly. Immediatly tested with another client and uploaded the another 25% so im back to 1:1 ratio atleast. What could be the issue?
Mith

Post by Mith »

[quote=""NeMo_0""]Hmm yesterday after completing the torrent at a private tracker I uploaded 1:1 ratio but at the site I saw only that I uploaded 75% of the file which is weird, btw my first private torrent with qBittorrent. I waited a bit to see if it changes but didnt change; my ratio of the file isn't reported correctly. Immediatly tested with another client and uploaded the another 25% so im back to 1:1 ratio atleast. What could be the issue?[/quote]

I can confirm, same problem here, also download ratio isn't reported correctly.