[Solved] Need advice with .torrent migration from uTorrent

Windows specific questions, problems.
vac2010

[Solved] Need advice with .torrent migration from uTorrent

Post by vac2010 »

Hi,

I am new to qBittorent.
I thought I would give this client a try since uTorrent from v.2.2 have added some extra warez which hijacks the browser and the uninstall doesn't clean out everything, and I used to use uTorrent so far, but now I want to migrate both finished and unfinished .torrent files.

Especially the unfinished .torrents I was not able to import them, I have tried to interpret the user manual but I couldn't figure out how to do it, are there anybody who knows how to do this?
I hope so because I encouraged people on uTorrent to look at qBittorrent and think this could be a great thread to help people to migrate as many have been very disappointed with uTorrents latest move. http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?id=90082&p=1

Thanks a lot in advance, I hope I will become a new satisfied qBittorrent user! :)
ironcross

Re: Need advice with .torrent migration from uTorrent

Post by ironcross »

Type

Code: Select all

%appdata%
in the Windows Explorer address bar. From appdata go to Local and copy torrent files from uTorrent folder to qBittorrent/BT_backup. qBittorrent then will check them and will start seeding for finished torrents; if there is something for download - qBittorrent will check it and will continue downloading.
Last edited by ironcross on Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MacEachaidh

Post by MacEachaidh »

Thanks for your help ironcross. I had a similar question to vac2010.
ironcross

Post by ironcross »

You're welcome. I hope everything with the migration is OK 8-)