[solved]Do these trackers and DHT work for you?

Windows specific questions, problems.
sledgehammer_999
Administrator
Administrator

[solved]Do these trackers and DHT work for you?

Post by sledgehammer_999 »

For the last 2-3 days I cannot contact these trackers  tracker.openbittorrent.com, tracker.publicbt.com, tracker.istole.it tracker.ccc.de (and basically every series torrent from eztv.it) Torrent indexing sites not only show that these trackers are working they also show seeders/leechers stats. What gives?

Furthermore, I cannot connect to DHT, it shows 0 nodes. What is more frustrating is that on the same PC, with the same ISP line, with the same qbt version it worked flawlessly up until 2-3 days ago.

Torrents that use other trackers continue to work as expected.

I even tried ?torrent but I get exactly the same results.

Can you confirm?

(at mods, I didn't know where to create this topic. pls move it to the appropriate section)
Last edited by sledgehammer_999 on Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
tekko

Re: Do these trackers and DHT work for you?

Post by tekko »

As of this moment, openbittorrent and publicbt are still working for me. The other 2 never worked, perhaps I blocked them somewhere.

DHT is working as always.
Last edited by tekko on Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sledgehammer_999
Administrator
Administrator

Well I had tested these trackers with "is it down or it just me" sites and reported that they are down.
Out of frustration I rebooted my router(after months) and everything is normal. DHT and the afformentioned trackers work. Interestingly all the trackers that didn't work used udp:// and DHT uses udp connections. So probably my router couldn't handle more udp connections for some reason.
tekko

Post by tekko »

If those trackers listed were tested with the http protocol, their status would be down I think.
Last edited by tekko on Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nemo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Nemo »

DHT is working very good and is always around 170-175 nodes, with qBt 3.0.8. Many http are not working, inactive or down maybe, compared to udp trackers. To be honest im not watching the trackers tab that often but ill take a look tomorrow to see if I get the same to confirm this.
sledgehammer_999
Administrator
Administrator

No need NeMo_0, look at my post. It is resolved.