old version of qbitorrent

Windows specific questions, problems.
OleaSTeR

old version of qbitorrent

Post by OleaSTeR »

hi all
where i can download old version of qbitorrent for windows x86 ???
i have lot of problems with the lastest 309 and i want return to 308 or 306
Nemo
Administrator
Administrator

Re: old version of qbitorrent

Post by Nemo »

Hi and welcome.

Here you can find the old official builds: http://sourceforge.net/projects/qbittorrent/files/qbittorrent-win32/. What are your problems exactly with 3.0.9 if I may ask :)?
GannTrader

Post by GannTrader »

Dont download 308 since some, including myself, have hade problems with that.
OleaSTeR

Post by OleaSTeR »

thanks for your answer 306 working better on my pc

lot of bigs bugs with 309 ( and v3.1.0 alpha too ) =>
- new torrent don't start, blocked on "verification" , or stop at halftime
- don't contact tracker
- finished torrent rest in temp directory, don't move to finished dir
- qbitorrent don't close on exit, need to close in with kill pocess
-donwload blocked at 500ko/s max, i have 1mo with 308 and other torrent client

my config >> windows7 32bits french
Last edited by OleaSTeR on Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Seedthis

Post by Seedthis »

I'm also using 3.0.9 and didn't experience anything problematic for now. qBt rechecks torrent files like it should, i can connect to any tracker (10+ running right now). No download problems, torrents are moved correctly after completion. Maybe there's more to it OleaSTeR?

Did you try with various trackers? Did you change anything on your computer prior to 3.0.9 upgrade?

PS : I'm also using Windows 7 32-bit (french) + an FTTH line.
Nemo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Nemo »

Me too also using W7 32bit with 3.0.9 loaded with 84 torrents currently. I mean, mine is running 4 days straight now and I can call it very, very stable. Rechecks, downloads big files (I tested this on purpose also, 3.0.8 had problems with it sometimes), connecting to trackers or peers all goes as it should. Im wondering where your points come from, maybe there is more to it indeed. I see them for the first time and weird ones also I might add. But if 3.0.6 works better for you somehow, you can use it of course :).
gpc111

Post by gpc111 »

I too have problems with 3.0.9. Ever since I updated to version 3.0.9 the program stops after each torrent completes. The remaining torrents are in a "stalled" status and will not download. I have to exit the program, bring up task manager and kill off the Qbittorrent process, and then restart the program. It then works fine until the next torrent completes and I have to repeat the above process. I have not made any changes to the default settings in the options so I am not sure why it is acting like this.
krystine

Post by krystine »

The update to version 3.0.9 was a utter killer of any torrent function for me. Right after updating it would not do a single thing...no uploads, downloads or file integrity checking. All my completed torrents were put into checking status and never got checked. Even after leaving it overnight, no uploads or downloads were running the next morning.

Also, 3.0.9 wouldn't quit within any reasonable time (50 mins) and I had to force quit it. Funny thing was that the Windows Task Manager showed it's I/O read bytes increasing. Even after quitting the front-end GUI, I/O read bytes kept increasing.

I reverted to my back-up copy of 3.0.6 portable and it works fine as it ever did. I am very leery of upgrading in the future.

To give some background, my system is a 6 core Athlon board running Windows 32 bit, SP3. Typically, I have about 200 torrents seeding, 120 on pause, around 10 downloads that can't find seeds, and around 5 active downloads.

qBitTorrent-Portable plays nice with Firefox only if I remove any tracker that uses port 80. I can do network things for about 8 hours of qBitTorrent's operation, but it seems to never have correctly managed ports. I frequently have to reboot just to be regain the ability to browse, get mail, ftp, etc. I have worked around this major design flaw by rebooting frequently, but qBitTorrent isn't something that can run nicely in the background. I keep hoping it will be as good as uTorrent someday.

qBitTorrent's problems, combined with this latest killing update was almost the last straw.
sledgehammer_999
Administrator
Administrator

Post by sledgehammer_999 »

@ all having this problem
I am currently rebuilding 3.0.9 with libtorrent 0.16.8 (used in qbt 3.0.8 ). I will make a new topic in this forum and post the installer in a few minutes(maybe an hour).
sledgehammer_999
Administrator
Administrator

Onemoar

Post by Onemoar »

looks like the installer isn't clearing the torrent and dht caches when upgrading this could be the src of the issues I still can't replicate it here
I tried installing 3.06 and then upgrading to 3.08 and then 3.09(in a XP pro VM) and didn't have any issues everything ran fine
as for the issues with port mapping thats the fault of your router/isp and NOT qBT
as for the process not exiting that I have had happen but utorrent used todo  the same thing its a issue with XP/older machines and the way it handles file-system requests its related to neither libtorrent nor qbittorrent the only work around is to use a 'dirty quit' on XP era systems something utorrent implmented quiet a few versions ago another possible cause of the phantom process is lack of async read/write in qBT the solution is just to have qBT to check if qbittorrent.exe is running and kill it when the user executes it (force only allow one instance) 

I suspect that a lot of the issues people are posting have more todo with the age of there OS/machine then they do with actual bugs PLEASE PLEASE post full system information when reporting a issue as well as the make and model of your router if possible 
Last edited by Onemoar on Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nemo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Nemo »

Can't agree more with Onemoar. I mean its easy to blame the client instead but there are other options also which can be the cause for it. Not saying that 3.0.8 was perfect but then still its important to keep your own pc up to date.
Last edited by Nemo on Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
krystine

Post by krystine »

So it sounds like my fault since I didn't upgrade my XPSP3 to Windows 7? (BTW, I think there are still A LOT of XP users.)

My problems happened only because I allowed the automatic Portable Apps update from qBitTorrent 3.0.8 to 3.0.9. After 3.0.9 was started first time, everything was wonky in regard to seeding, downloading and accepting prior downloads. I haven't seen before where an upgrade forced the rechecking of every torrent download.

Honestly, I don't understand where the real torrent data is stored well enough to preserve my current seeds and reinstall anything. I don't know how to help you test this rebuild.
Tomaso

Post by Tomaso »

Windows XP isn't the problem.
I'm running WinXP32/SP3 myself, and I haven't had any of the issues that some people are describing with the official v3.0.9 build.

I'm not a big fan of automatic updates though..
I only do clean installs (goes for all software).

--

A couple of questions for krystine regarding WinXP:

1) Have you patched the half-open connections limit?
You should increase the number to at least 100 (the default number is 10).
Here's a simple tool that you can use for this purpose:
http://deepxw.blogspot.com/2009/01/tcp-z-center.html
(Patch -> Patch File Tcpip.sys -> New Value -> Apply)
PS: After first reboot, Windows will warn you about a modified system file.
This is normal and it only happens once.

2) Have you installed IPv6?
Here's how:
Internet Protocol Version 6 (IPv6), is the full form of IPv6 which is the "next generation" protocol designed by the IETF to replace the current version Internet Protocol (IP Version 4 ("IPv4")).
Windows XP includes IPv6 implementation, but IPv6 must be installed.

--

METHOD #1:
How to install and uninstall IPv6 in Windows XP (for all supported connections):
################################################################################

To install IPv6 on your Windows XP computer, follow these steps:
----------------------------------------------------------------

1) Click 'Start', click 'All Programs', click 'Accessories', and then click 'Command Prompt'.

2) At the command prompt, type "netsh int ipv6 install" (without quotation marks) and press the Enter key on your keyboard.

3) Wait for the 'OK', then close the Command Prompt window.

4) Restart the computer.

--

To uninstall IPv6 on your Windows XP computer, follow these steps:
------------------------------------------------------------------

1) Click 'Start', click 'All Programs', click 'Accessories', and then click 'Command Prompt'.

2) At the command prompt, type "netsh int ipv6 uninstall" (without quotation marks) and press the Enter key on your keyboard.

3) Wait for the 'OK', then close the Command Prompt window.

4) Restart the computer.

--

METHOD #2:
How to install and uninstall IPv6 in Windows XP (for a specific connection):
############################################################################

To install IPv6 on your Windows XP computer, follow these steps:
----------------------------------------------------------------

1) Open 'Network Connections' in 'Control Panel'.

2) Right-click any 'Local Area Connection', and then click 'Properties'.

3) Click 'Install'.

4) In the 'Select Network Component Type' dialog box, click 'Protocol', and then click 'Add'.

5) In the 'Select Network Protocol' dialog box, click 'Microsoft TCP/IP version 6', and then click 'OK'.

6) When done, click 'Close' to save changes to your network connection.

7) Restart the computer.

--

To uninstall IPv6 on your Windows XP computer, follow these steps:
------------------------------------------------------------------

1) Open 'Network Connections' in 'Control Panel'.

2) Right-click any 'Local Area Connection', and then click 'Properties'.

3) Click 'Microsoft TCP/IP version 6' in the list of installed components, and then click 'Uninstall'.

4) In the 'Uninstall Microsoft TCP/IP version 6' dialog box, click 'Yes'.

5) When done, click 'Close' to save changes to your network connection.

6) Restart the computer.

--

NOTE:
#####

When installing IPv6 in Windows XP, the process might actually also install MSN.
Make sure you remove this crap from 'Control Panel' -> 'Add or Remove Programs'.
Also, remember to remove the MSN connection manager from 'Control Panel' -> 'Network Connections'.
sledgehammer_999
Administrator
Administrator

[quote="krystine"]
So it sounds like my fault since I didn't upgrade my XPSP3 to Windows 7? (BTW, I think there are still A LOT of XP users.)

My problems happened only because I allowed the automatic Portable Apps update from qBitTorrent 3.0.8 to 3.0.9. After 3.0.9 was started first time, everything was wonky in regard to seeding, downloading and accepting prior downloads. I haven't seen before where an upgrade forced the rechecking of every torrent download.

Honestly, I don't understand where the real torrent data is stored well enough to preserve my current seeds and reinstall anything. I don't know how to help you test this rebuild.
[/quote]

No the problem isn't that you use WinXP. The problem is that you are using qbittorrent from Portable Apps. You didn't make it clear in your previous post. That version isn't official and the problems you are seeing might be caused by that. Please do these 2 things:
1. Use the official qbittorrent 3.0.9 installer and report if it works.
2. If number 1 doesn't work please use the special build I mentioned earlier and report back. Link to special build(again)->http://qbforums.shiki.hu/index.php?topic=1820.0

@gpc111

Could you please test the special build also and report back?