[Solved] qBittorrent 2.6+ crash and bugs

Windows specific questions, problems.
Mith

[Solved] qBittorrent 2.6+ crash and bugs

Post by Mith »

After upgrading to 2.6.1 and then to 2.6.2 from qBittorrent 2.5.3 I'm experiencing some very huge bugs and a show stopper crash, since i can no longer add new torrents -> no new downloads. I'm running Windows XP SP3, fully updated.

1) Crash after adding new torrent file, via a downloaded torrent file, or a torrent i searched in qBittorrent, all results in a crash once i added it, some BEX error i can see in the Windows error report.

2) I can no longer prioritize the contents inside a active torrent, the options are not available anymore like don't download, normal, high, maximum, only rename is there and works.

3) I can no longer apply super seeding mode via right click once a torrent is finished downloading. No error or anything, just nothing happens. Normally you would see super seeding mode checked with a v but now nothing at all.

Anybody else experiencing the same problems or has advice to fix these problems?
locotus

Re: qBittorrent 2.6+ crash and bugs

Post by locotus »

I will confirm Mith report, pointing to the fact that my problems
are mostly with multiple files torrents.
christophe.dumez

Post by christophe.dumez »

Bugs should be reported on our bug tracker. The forums are not meant for this.

Also, I'm pretty sure the first two bugs are fixed in v2.6.3. I'll check the third one.
christophe.dumez

Post by christophe.dumez »

Ok. I cannot reproduce the 3rd one. Super seeding works fine here (it gets checked).

Regarding the crash on torrent addition, just disable full allocation mode from program preferences (pre-allocation mode) while waiting for v2.6.3 on Windows.
Mith

Post by Mith »

Thanks for the replies christophe, i upgraded to 2.6.3 and all the problems are fixed. Next time i shall use the bug tracker to report bugs. Thanks again for the reply and for the fast fixes.