Shutdown upon D/L completion

Windows specific questions, problems.
Splat

Shutdown upon D/L completion

Post by Splat »

I'm running qB v3.0.5 (old, I know) because I like to be able to force reannounce trackers. I've been trying to use the auto-shutdown upon d/l complete feature but it's not working for me. IIRC, I've even tried the quit qB upon d/l completion but I don't think that's working either. I've tried pausing or deleting any seeding torrents, leaving only the active d/l working but still no luck.

I'm running Win7 U64. I've tried running qB as admin as that still doesn't do it. Any suggestions other than upgrading to newest qB?
Last edited by Splat on Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
loki

Re: Shutdown upon D/L completion

Post by loki »

Probably fixed in newer version, lol...
I know it's not exactly the same but doesn't pause and resume also cause reannounce?
Splat

Post by Splat »

[quote="loki"]
Probably fixed in newer version, lol...
I know it's not exactly the same but doesn't pause and resume also cause reannounce?
[/quote]

Well, I'll give 3.0.11 a shot then, Loki. I'll let you know how it goes. Thanks.
Splat

Post by Splat »

Gave 3.0.11 a shot but qB still won't either quit itself nor shutdown the PC upon torrent download. I ran qB as Admin but still no luck.
sledgehammer_999
Administrator
Administrator

Post by sledgehammer_999 »

What happens if you try to kill qbt from the task manager? Is it killed or does it stay running?
Splat

Post by Splat »

[quote="sledgehammer_999"]
What happens if you try to kill qbt from the task manager? Is it killed or does it stay running?
[/quote]

Kills qB fine from the TM.
Splat

Post by Splat »

No one else having this problem?
Splat

Post by Splat »

I guess I'm the only lucky devil then.  :(  I know it used to work fine when I was running XP.  Something in Win7 must be puzting with qB not allowing it to shutdown the PC or close qB.
sledgehammer_999
Administrator
Administrator

Post by sledgehammer_999 »

Just so you know libtorrent 0.16.11 was released today and it seems to contain a "fix for hang during shutdown". It isn't included in the released log but it is present in the svn log. This may solve your issue. It will be included with the next qbt release.
Splat

Post by Splat »

[quote="sledgehammer_999"]
Just so you know libtorrent 0.16.11 was released today and it seems to contain a "fix for hang during shutdown". It isn't included in the released log but it is present in the svn log. This may solve your issue. It will be included with the next qbt release.
[/quote]

Sounds good.  qB's my fave torrent client out of them all. Damn fine work! Thanks.

FWIW, qB was also not shutting itself down (quitting) when I set it to upon d/l completion. So for shutting down itself or Windows, neither was working for me. Don't know if the new libtorrent will fix both these issues but I'm definitely waiting to see.
Last edited by Splat on Sun Aug 18, 2013 7:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
loki

Post by loki »

Does it mean download completion, or seeding completion i.e. the torrents pause and "done"?
Splat

Post by Splat »

[quote="loki"]
Does it mean download completion, or seeding completion i.e. the torrents pause and "done"?
[/quote]

Hey Loki. I'm talking about when a torrent is completely downloaded and having set qB to either quit itself or shutdown Windows. qB does neither upon completed d/l.