about importing existing torrents

Windows specific questions, problems.
dan01

about importing existing torrents

Post by dan01 »

hello

i am trying to add some existing torrents to qbit but its functionality its hazy

utorrent procedure.. add torrent>paused>change destination>force recheck>checking bar active.. visual que..>complete/incomplete.. download... easy/straight forward procedure

qbit>import existing>
if i dont check skip till seeding.. torrent appears as empty on resume.. it redownloads... why??
if i check skip... it shows 100%.. i can seed.. but i cant recheck.. if i recheck.. it redownloads.. why???

if i add torrent.. there is no possibility to point to a completed download...?? why

hope u can fix these bugs soon

obs: i prefer a single exe file(portable...).. not an install(i took out the exe from a portable apps.. seems to work fine.. bad part is it made settings in documents... instead of its own folder); i use xpsp3/qbit 3.1.2;

ps: nice program thx for share
ps2: capcha got a question > What's the project called? (all small letters): > how should i know that.. let me gogle.. what project are we talking about in the 1st place... is it qbit.. qbittorrent... now i copy paste my whole post.. so i wont write it again in case your page refreshes all...
Last edited by dan01 on Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ironcross

Re: about importing existing torrents

Post by ironcross »

I don't think there are bugs.
Nemo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Nemo »

Those are no bugs, you can't get it to work.

[quote="dan01"]
utorrent procedure.. add torrent>paused>change destination>force recheck>checking bar active.. visual que..>complete/incomplete.. download... easy/straight forward procedure

if i add torrent.. there is no possibility to point to a completed download...
[/quote]

There is a path selection option. The procedure is almost the same with qBittorrent: Add torrent -> choose the path from the complete file -> recheck torrent, if done correct it will recheck and show 100%. If not it will do nothing. If you can't see the path selection I can put a picture from it, if needed. Its within the dialog screen after you added the torrent.

[quote="dan01"]
obs: i prefer a single exe file(portable...).. not an install(i took out the exe from a portable apps.. seems to work fine.. bad part is it made settings in documents... instead of its own folder); i use xpsp3/qbit 3.1.2;
[/quote]

Just so you know portable apps are not officially supported by us, don´t expect any help if you are using portable version. Atleast from me.

[quote="dan01"]
ps2: capcha got a question > What's the project called? (all small letters): > how should i know that.. let me gogle.. what project are we talking about in the 1st place... is it qbit.. qbittorrent... now i copy paste my whole post.. so i wont write it again in case your page refreshes all...
[/quote]

You´re new here and leaving bad impression is (I think) not what you want so watch your language. I´ve edited your post and removed the bad words. The captcha function is needed to keep the spammers away from here, its not like you need to do it everytime you come here. Only once when registering like everyone else.
Last edited by Nemo on Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dan01

Post by dan01 »

@nemo
-i pull/drop torrent file inside qbit window.. popup appear.. check paused.. save as in options.. torrent loaded.. status bar 0%.
-i can check torrent location with open destination.. the path on info is the path from save as options w/o torrent name folder etc
-on force check.. it does some action then writes stalled then paused.. status bar 0%
-as aside note i loaded the torrent then from popup menu>set location.. other location, which appear inside info section of the torrent
but when i hit open location the path is the old one.. before location change

id say definitely a bug, the files are there.. i can verify their existence.. etc etc

about the exe.. i suggested a distribution method.. i dont like installers.. i used the program from portableapps.com kit.. only qbit.exe.. MD5 on exe dbae855d6d9d4b5ff6bdced26e669811

final.. capcha hater here.. sry about offensive language.. i stumble across sites asking capcha on all messages.. really discourages posting.. i mean legit posting not crapware
sledgehammer_999
Administrator
Administrator

Post by sledgehammer_999 »

You can use the official installer and then uninstall it. The uninstaller has an option to remove every config created. Also 3.1.2 has more torrent states.
When rechecking, try first unpausing the torrent.
Also, when you set a new location, is the new location in the same disk/partition? If not, you should wait a little bit until the data are copied to the new disk/partition. If it is on the same disk/partition the move should be near instantaneous. Could you also check the log for errors/warning? (view->execution log)
icepick314

Post by icepick314 »

I have same problem where if I add torrent file from completed torrent, it starts from 0%.

I tried various way to recheck but qbit does not recognize the completed files from previous download when I force recheck.

How can I get qbit to recognize completed files?
dan01

Post by dan01 »

@sledgehammer
come on man.. this is huge bug.. i seriously doubt im the only one having it
check hash of your installer exe.. see is the same?
ironcross

Post by ironcross »

OK, i downloaded the portable version from portableapps.com.
Re-added one of my existing torrents in the portable version, checked it and started seed immediately. No problem.
I closed the portable and started the normal qBT - it checked the torrent and started seed.
Then i copied one of the downloaded things to other location, re-added it in the portable version, pointed to the new location, checked it and started seed immediately. No problem.
After that i removed the portable version and started my normal installed qBT, but it started to download the file that i was copied to other location. The file was there, in my download folder. It actually not been moved. Nothing changed for the installed qBT. I tried recheck - it stalled and paused; if i start it - it downloads the already downloaded existing file.
Last edited by ironcross on Wed Nov 13, 2013 11:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sledgehammer_999
Administrator
Administrator

Post by sledgehammer_999 »

but it started to download the file that i was copied to other location.
Which location? The new one that you tested with the portable version? I think the portableapps app isn't truly portable. I think it still saves config files to the system. Be sure that the save path shown in the "general" tab is the correct one. I'm pretty sure that it points to the location you set last time in the portableapps version.
ironcross

Post by ironcross »

sledgehammer_999 wrote:
but it started to download the file that i was copied to other location.
Which location? The new one that you tested with the portable version? I think the portableapps app isn't truly portable. I think it still saves config files to the system. Be sure that the save path shown in the "general" tab is the correct one. I'm pretty sure that it points to the location you set last time in the portableapps version.
That was the first thing i thought. I checked the download location of that file in my normal installed qBT - it was correct, pointed to my download folder, where i download all my torrents. And the file was there. After the test with portable version and other location, the normal qBT didn't recognize the file as downloaded.
It seems the portable qBT interferes somehow with the installed qBT (not truly portable indeed). But this doesn't expalains the problems of these guys above. I'm pretty sure if you use only the portable version or only the normal version there will no be problems. I re-added many times torrents with the normal version without a problem.
dan01

Post by dan01 »

look guys
ive checked the install exe.. is same as portable exe; the only additional files install version has is some debug option file..
the install version make same settings inside "documents and settings" as portable exe(why documents and settings and not own folder??)

the add existing torrent procedure.. as i sed before.. is hazy.. no way near utorrent easyness

edit:
nwm: i found solution to your bug: i use 2 paths, for completed and uncompleted; the bug is although i set a path of completed file.. the uncompleted stays on so the program looks always in the uncompleted downloads folder instead of real folder;
pls do a decent check.. the other bugs are also real..

i already told you the exe file of portable and installable are the same, so same functionality, even gave you hash code so dont talk about different programs

thx 4 sharing this freeware.. but do check it thoroughly b4 launch..
Last edited by dan01 on Thu Nov 14, 2013 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.