qbittorent 3.1.3 problem with the association issue

Windows specific questions, problems.
bobinmk

qbittorent 3.1.3 problem with the association issue

Post by bobinmk »

qbittorent 3.1.3 has problem with the association issue with magnet files and with torrents files , checked within the qbit with admin rights. firefox 25.0.1 changing path and also no link with torrents too if too added.  Also add links to torrent also not working wont dl anything . need attention this issue.
Attachments
After path change.jpg
After install.jpg
Nemo
Administrator
Administrator

Re: qbittorent 3.1.3 problem with the association issue

Post by Nemo »

I have Firefox 25.0.1 too and I just installed v3.1.3 and works over here for torrent and magnet links. I don't know why it isn't working for you.
Last edited by Nemo on Wed Nov 20, 2013 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pyro

Post by Pyro »

Yeah! A new stable release, beautiful. Gonna start some testing later today :) Good job! Is there a x64 build too? :p  Thanks guys!

Got the same issue thought, have to manually copy the links in paste them into qBT, bit weird. Restarting firefox didn't work, both things are ticked in Qbt 3.1.3. Any ideas? Using latest firefox too.
Last edited by Pyro on Wed Nov 20, 2013 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tekko

Post by tekko »

[quote="Nemo"]
I have Firefox 25.0.1 too and I just installed v3.1.3 and works over here for torrent and magnet links. I don't know why it isn't working for you.
[/quote]

+1
bobinmk

Post by bobinmk »

@ additional info . wind 7 sp 1 . I was checking with , pls urgent fix . think firefox might be blocking / loosing the content type or action link of both torrent and magnet . Even the copied magnet link also not working , .even restarted the system . no way it succeeded

@ sledge to rescue .
Pyro

Post by Pyro »

It definitely works with copying the magnet link... jsut hover you mouse over the little magnet, then "copy link location", then go to qBt, on file, then add link, and it works 100%. Would be easier if Firefox actually uses qBt though, bit weird, I know it worked before sometime.
ironcross

Post by ironcross »

[quote="tekko"]
[quote="Nemo"]
[/quote]

+1
[/quote]

+1 here too.
File association works normal as usual, nothing changed. MFF 25.0.1 + qBT 3.1.3.
I see recently some guys have problems with their systems or settings, but they say: "qBT is buggy". Obviously qBT is not buggy and the majority of users don't experience such problems. That means the problems is somewhere in these guys configurations or something that mess them.
@bobinmk, do you use some "optimization" or cleaning software?
bobinmk

Post by bobinmk »

@ ironcross i didn't mention qbt, buggy, firefox 25.0.1 is buggy and has problems within it crashes frequently . yes i do have cleaning software ,ccleaner ..
ironcross

Post by ironcross »

[quote="bobinmk"]
@ ironcross i didn't mention qbt, buggy, firefox 25.0.1 is buggy and has problems within it crashes frequently . yes i do have cleaning software ,ccleaner ..
[/quote]

Firefox 25.0.1 is not buggy at all, believe me. I'm using it on two machines with different configurations, i have a bunch of addons and no problems or crashes. But in your case maybe some addon cause the crashes?
I use Ccleaner too. In the Applications tab under Firefox i'm checked only Internet Cache and Download History.
My suggestion is to make Reset of Firefox:
https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/re ... t-problems
sledgehammer_999
Administrator
Administrator

Post by sledgehammer_999 »

To those who have problems with file assocations:

Can you tell me what you see under this key in registry?
1. Start->Run->regedit
2. HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Magnet\shell\open\command
3. HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.torrent
4. HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\qBittorrent\shell\open\command
Olliw

Post by Olliw »

I have same problem! I've tried to set qBitTorrent as default for .torrent and .magnet several times now! + The popup pops up at every start up (of the program itself)
1. Start->Run->regedit
2. HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Magnet\shell\open\command
3. HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.torrent
4. HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\qBittorrent\shell\open\command
1 does not exist.
2. (default) qbittorrent
3. Data: "C:\Program Files (x86)\qBitTorrent\qbittorrent.exe" "%1"

Running W8.1 x64.
Installed qBitTorrent through exe-installer from official site. Used chrome.

EDIT: Now it works! Re-downloaded. Made sure SHA-1 matched. Installed as admin.
Last edited by Olliw on Mon Dec 16, 2013 10:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.