qBitTorrents loses setting?

Windows specific questions, problems.
ciaobaby

Re: qBitTorrents loses setting?

Post by ciaobaby »

Saving and loading settings is done at a clean close down and at startup respectively, it is crash recovery where the settings have been corrupted or the file damaged that needs more work, your power must have dropped at the 'wrong time' which resulted in the files being damaged, so could not be loaded at start up. Regular backing up of the qBT setting directory (%userprofile%/appdata/local/qbittorrent/) on a regular basis will help prevent such issues. You should be backing up daily at the very least, more if you live in an area that is subject to occasional power losses.
Last edited by ciaobaby on Sat Feb 01, 2014 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sledgehammer_999
Administrator
Administrator

Post by sledgehammer_999 »

[quote="alain93"]
just yesterday power went off at my house, when rebooted qB lost all settings (w7-32, qB 3.15).
Would it be difficult to add a SAVE settings and LOAD setting button?
[/quote]

Until I release v3.1.6 use the the 3.2.x nightly.
v3.1.4 and 3.1.5 have a bug where the settings file is deleted and rewritten every second. Obviously when your computer crashed, the settings where being written again but they didn't finish.
alain93

Post by alain93 »

Power went down again, setting lost again :)

Thanks, I will try that nightly release
Nemo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Nemo »

I would also advice like ciao to backup your settings which isn't that hard to do really, just in case something happens like this. Its very easy to do it yourself without the need for a special button. Losing power can cause other corruptions too so becareful with it, always make backups from your important files or settings. But then again you never know what will happen after losing power or even BSOD.

I can confirm that this settings issue is gone with the latest alpha.
Last edited by Nemo on Sat Feb 01, 2014 7:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
alain93

Post by alain93 »

BackUp done, Thanks