Reannounce needs to join peers to me

Windows specific questions, problems.
junpet

Reannounce needs to join peers to me

Post by junpet »

There is a private tracker. When I download a torrent, everything is fine, peers connected. But new peers (people, who started the downloading after me) will connect only to me and me to them when QB reannounce automatically (is it 20 or 30 min?) or I do a force reannounce to the tracker. Is this normal or something went wrong in the options or a bug? Help me, plz and sorry for my bad English and my incompetence. ^^" If you would like I can explain from some other way.

3.1.4, win7 32bit
Last edited by junpet on Mon Dec 30, 2013 10:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
loki

Re: Reannounce needs to join peers to me

Post by loki »

Reannounce is supposed to be every 30 minutes, I think it updates too when it switches from downloading to uploading.
junpet

Post by junpet »

Okay, but peers should see each other and connecting. My QB can see only that peers, who are connected that moment when I last announced to the tracker. My QB can't see the new peers. When I hit a "Force reannounce" Seeds and Peers get updated and some new peers connect to me. So, if I don't make force reannounce, the peer list will be updated just every 30 minutes and QB just then can connect new peers. Any idea?
loki

Post by loki »

Make sure you're being seen as connectable at the tracker, usually means forwarding the port through router / firewall. Or possibly choosing different port if the tracker has restrictions on an unallowed ports.
And the connection status as green in qB, this at least means qB has connect-ability with the current port.