[Solved] qBittorrent v2.6.6 crashes constantly

Windows specific questions, problems.
vac2010

[Solved] qBittorrent v2.6.6 crashes constantly

Post by vac2010 »

Hi,

I downloaded and installed qB 2.6.6 today and it crashes constantly (after 10 crashes and some try-out I gave up), I added one torrent and it started to download, qB feels agile and sleek but after 1 minute it crashes and the Win crash reports always point out msvcr90.dll.

I noticed the msvcr90.dll file provided in the qB install package is an older version, I found several on my PC with the same version as qB install package, but also a newer version which I tried to replace with but didn't work, then I removed the file but no change.

Another funny crash behaviour I noticed is when I have one torrent running, and if I pause it qB will crash instantly (and again msvcr90.dll is pointed out to be involved) this crash happens over and over every time I pause it.

btw, I noticed under the other thread qBittorrent 2.6+ crash and bugs that it was Not recommended to run with pre-allocation mode, I had previously ticked that box but then un-ticked it, but didn't help.

Did try also run Glary Utilities and CCleaner to clean out the registry but to no avail.

I run qB on Win XP SP2 with latest updates on an ordinary dual core PC set-up
I have 2 AV, Avira and Avast (but don't run them simultaneously!) none of either affected it, I also have Comodo FW and have set qB as trusted meaning everything goes through the FW, but doesn't help.

Any ideas what could be wrong or hints I could try out?

PS: I like the new looks of qB!
ironcross

Re: v 2.6.6 crashes constantly

Post by ironcross »

Check this:
http://www.dll-files.com/dllindex/dll-f ... ml?msvcr90
Win XP2 SP2 with latest updates? The actual SP is SP3... Since you have good mashine just install Win 7, which is much better for the new hardware.
Two AV is always bad idea, despite of that you don't run them simultaneously. For a home user one free AV and Windows Firewall are enough. If you want additional security, you can use Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware Free. About the AV if you want check Panda Cloud Antivirus Free.
vac2010

Post by vac2010 »

Hi,

thank you very much for your suggestions!

I have un-installed qB, then updated to Win XP SP3, then re-installed qB again but it didn't help.

Any new ideas how the problem can be solved under Win XP, is there anything else SW related I could try update?

Kind regards
ironcross

Post by ironcross »

Did you tried to download and replace that dll from the link in my post above?
vac2010

Post by vac2010 »

Yes I did DL a new dll but it didn't help, same problem as before, qB crashes after a minute, if I pause the DL file it crashes instantly.

So I did then the following

* uninstall with Revo Uninstaller
* restart PC
* run Glary Util reg cleaner and CCleaner
* DL a new copy qB installer for Win again to be sure I don't have a corrupted file and SHA-1 checked the file ok
* install qB again

Same problem as before, qB crashes after a minute, if I pause the DL file it crashes instantly.

Any further suggestions?
ironcross

Post by ironcross »

Try another release of Win XP XP3 :roll:
sledgehammer_999
Administrator
Administrator

Post by sledgehammer_999 »

You could try my build of 2.6.7 until the official build is on the servers.
link1: viewtopic.php?p=971#p971