Can't establish a connection with qBittorrent 3.1.5 (port issues)

Windows specific questions, problems.
samyrius

Can't establish a connection with qBittorrent 3.1.5 (port issues)

Post by samyrius »

Since updating to 3.1.5 I have been unable to download torrents. They are all stuck at 0% with status Downloading, and the yellow "no direct connections" icon is displayed at the bottom of the window.

I have qBittorrent set to listen on port 10554 and uPnP/NAT-PMP enabled. http://canyouseeme.org/ says that the port is closed (connection timed out). When I have uTorrent open, and set to 10554 with uPnP/NAT-PMP, the port is open and I'm able to download torrents, so I know it's not my router or ISP.

If I forward port 10554 manually in my router settings, http://canyouseeme.org/ says that the port is closed (connection refused). According to my googling, that means there's no service listening at the port, which implies qBittorrent isn't listening properly at that port.

Any ideas?
Nemo
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Can't establish a connection with qBittorrent 3.1.5 (port issues)

Post by Nemo »

Try a different port. Its not a good idea to have qBittorrent and uTorrent running on the same port, even if one is closed.
samyrius

Post by samyrius »

Thanks for the reply. Tested the following ports with no success:

I have tried restarting qBittorrent and rebooting my machine, also no luck.
samyrius

Post by samyrius »

Update: tried reinstalling qBittorrent, still didn't fix it. Then I tried reinstalling qBittorrent and also wiping the old configurations. That did it. Going to diff my old config with the default config and see where the problem is.
samyrius

Post by samyrius »

There were a ton of differences, so I just started over with my config (but I kept my RSS settings). It's working now! Note to anybody having a similar problem, delete your config data located in %appdata%\qBittorrent.
Nemo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Nemo »

This kind of things happen lately more often when updating I see. Most of the time it works, but sometimes it doesn't. qBittorrent is like rejecting the old files and a clean install fixes it. I personally always do a clean install every new version in order to be 100% sure that it works.

Good that its fixed atleast ;).
laz305

Post by laz305 »

Can someone please help me, I have tried everything imaginable. I need some remote help please!!!!!!!!!!!