RSS automatic download?

Windows specific questions, problems.
Torrentino

RSS automatic download?

Post by Torrentino »

Is there a way to make it so that as soon as a new torrent is picked up in the RSS feed it automatically downloads? I have my feed set up correctly and I see new tv episodes appear in the Torrents list but I have to go through and double click each one which is incredibly annoying. Is there any way to make these start downloading as soon as they are detected?
junpet

Re: RSS automatic download?

Post by junpet »

Use RSS Downloader:
Torrentino

Post by Torrentino »

I had looked in there but I don't see anything to tell it I want automated downloads. This is what it looks like right now for me.
Attachments
Untitled.png
junpet

Post by junpet »

Add new rules. Then fill what must contain the torrent name. Apply rule to feeds: check the appropriate feed, close. You will see on the right which torrents matching with your rule. I think it won't download that torrents from the feed which is already read.
Torrentino

Post by Torrentino »

Thanks, that did it! I had configured my rss feed on the torrent site so I didn't create a rule originally. Guess you have to have one to start the autodownloads. I just made a rule that would apply to everything in the feed.
fusk

Post by fusk »

Can you show us how you did it. I am also trying to set up rss but can't figure out how to set the filters.
junpet

Post by junpet »

First, you need the RSS tab. Click on the View -> RSS Reader

You have to add New subscription.

Put here the RSS link.

Click on RSS Downloader....

There is the Automated RSS Downloader. Enable the automated RSS downloader with the checkbox, then click on the green '+' (plus).

Here we can add new rule. Just type something you want to download (e.g. game of thrones).

Now, select that feeds which you want to apply rule. You will see on the right that torrents, which fit with the rule. When you finished with the settings, click on Close.

!IMPORTANT!
Blue=unread items
Grey=read items
qBittorrent will not download the read items, only the unread ones! So if you marked the items read, the automatic RSS downloader will not download any of them, only the new, unread ones.
!IMPORTANT!
Last edited by junpet on Thu May 01, 2014 6:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fusk

Post by fusk »

I think you misunderstood, all that is the easy part, the hard part which you blurred out is the hard part, actually getting it to recognise the shows you want.
junpet

Post by junpet »

I don't understand you. You type e.g. game of thrones, check the feed, then you will see that torrents, which matching with the rule (game of thrones). Then click close and that's all, the automatic RSS downloader working now. I think the problem is that, you already marked the items as read, and that's why the downloading is not working. Is there any matching RSS article on the right after you set up the rule?
fusk

Post by fusk »

[quote="junpet"]
I don't understand you. You type e.g. game of thrones, check the feed, then you will see that torrents, which matching with the rule (game of thrones). Then click close and that's all, the automatic RSS downloader working now. I think the problem is that, you already marked the items as read, and that's why the downloading is not working. Is there any matching RSS article on the right after you set up the rule?
[/quote]

Hmm, that is not working for me, if i just type the show name, i don't get a match, so i thought i was doing something wrong.
Right now i have an item in my feed that is not recognized at all.
fusk

Post by fusk »

After a lot of trial and error i figured out the "whitespace" wildcard does not work, which means you can't just write "agents of s.h.i.e.l.d, you have to write agents.of.s.h.i.e.l.d before it's recognized, problem is that since the wildcard isn't working you can't add another parameter afterwards like resolution, subs or something else.
It also means if you by accident put an invisible space after the name, it will not be recognized.

Also, in "does not contain" whitespace is not recognized, so putting 720 will remove everything with 720 in it, but if you write 720 x264, x264 will not be recognized.
junpet

Post by junpet »

Remove the checkbox "Use regular expression". By the way, if you hold on the cursor on something, tooltip will appear. You can use | for "must not contain" as OR operator.
fusk

Post by fusk »

[quote="junpet"]
Remove the checkbox "Use regular expression". By the way, if you hold on the cursor on something, tooltip will appear. You can use | for "must not contain" as OR operator.
[/quote]

Ah, i didn't know what "Use regular expression" meant. | is not in the toolbox, and the toolbox doesn't make much sense anyway.
So "must not contain" can't use whitespace as "must contain" but needs | as a seperator between values ?
edit: can't use | in "must not contain" they're automatically deleted.
Last edited by fusk on Thu May 01, 2014 10:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ika_Musume

Post by Ika_Musume »

hey felas, about the rss, with some files it keep redownloading them, do that mean it don't memorize what it downloaded ? is it fixable ?
KitKat

Post by KitKat »

[quote="Ika_Musume"]
hey felas, about the rss, with some files it keep redownloading them, do that mean it don't memorize what it downloaded ? is it fixable ?
[/quote]
Either set "ignore subsequent matches" for X days to 7 days assuming a weekly release schedule.
Or set your filter rules up better to ensure you're only getting 1 set of episodes from 1 uploader so there are NO duplicates to mis-download.

In answer to your question, no qbittorrent's RSS feed does NOT keep track of the actual episode names it downloads.
If you get episode 1 for the show then a month later episode 1 gets re-uploaded and enters your feed with FIXED attached to the name of it then qbittorent will see it as a new hit and download it unless its filtered.

As for is it fixable? Yeah, you could make qbittorent automagically advance the episode filter up 1 episode when it hits a match.
Eg found match for S01E01 filter changes from 1x1-; to 1x2-; which should prevent all matches for S01E01 in the future.

May be worth requesting it as a feature on the github (i'll probably do it myself later today when i have time to write something smart up if it doesnt exist by then)
Last edited by KitKat on Thu May 26, 2016 8:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.