qBittorent won't close

Windows specific questions, problems.
Cane

Re: qBittorent won't close

Post by Cane »

[quote="Adsixnine"]
thank for helps  :D
[/quote]

Don't know if it is any help (one can hope). Seems like this problem have crept up for different OS versions and qBittorrent versions. However, it also seems like most with this problem is using Windows 7 64-bit? Could be a coincident.
Cane

Post by Cane »

[quote="sensualfreespirit"]
Did you update the bug report thread?

I know you are going to ask me for it & I don't remember what it is, but if you scroll up, someone gave a link to github which is where it is.
[/quote]

I have not. But I will look into it.

-

Edit:

The link stated, not to post on the forum and directed me to GitHub instead. I filed it under "Shutdown not working #8950".
Last edited by Cane on Sat Jul 21, 2018 5:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cane

Post by Cane »

May I ask what antivirus/firewall you are using? It might have no connection, but mine started acting out around the same time that I started having the qBittorrent problem. Everything seems to work fine, and then all of a sudden, when it tries to update (even though it have updated, one or more times since starting the computer) it will try indefinitely.

I use ESET NOD32 Antivirus.
sensualfreespirit

Post by sensualfreespirit »

Oh wow, I'm with ESET too, but I have the Internet Security version.

How is ESET acting up for you?

[quote="Cane"]
May I ask what antivirus/firewall you are using? It might have no connection, but mine started acting out around the same time that I started having the qBittorrent problem. Everything seems to work fine, and then all of a sudden, when it tries to update (even though it have updated, one or more times since starting the computer) it will try indefinitely.

I use ESET NOD32 Antivirus.
[/quote]
Cane

Post by Cane »

It tries to update, but it never reaches 100%. It seems to be fixed with the new Windows update (KB4338821).
[https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/hel ... thlyrollup]

Some claim that this update also fix their qBittorrent problems. But not for me... it seems to add a new problem instead. Now I can't reliable copy files between disks. The speed seems capped at 90Kbyte/s, when it should be approx 100Mbyte/s instead. However the computer seems to work ok for a while, same with ESET NOD32 (usually i did get 1-2 updates before it acted up). Restarting seemed to fix the disk problem temporarily, but never had this problem before...
Cane

Post by Cane »

I don't know why, but it have worked without problems, for the last couple of days. I didn't change anything though...
Peter
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Peter »

Happens to me when I have INCREDIBLE amounts of cache piled up + LOADS of downloading torrent. And a slow HDD.
If I press quit, it will try to flush everything, and succeeds, but there is some timeout I suppose and a very low-memory process remains that I have to close by hand IF I ever want to relaunch the client in the same session. That said, this is such an edge case, it does not even bother me. Not every day I will download terabytes.

Ps.: That's not saying "wow devs don't care", I am sure there is a ticket out there, but from my personal point of view, I can live with it.
sensualfreespirit

Post by sensualfreespirit »

So I couldn't install the latest version of the software b/c I couldn't quit QB. I had to reboot & then thank gawd it quit/closed when I tried to shut it down again, but NOW it's not DLing any of my shows or it's taking forever to start the DL.

Anyone else having this issue?
Cane

Post by Cane »

[quote="Cane"]
I don't know why, but it have worked without problems, for the last couple of days. I didn't change anything though...
[/quote]

Well, it seems that I was wrong. And it ended up being another problem to. Not only does it still freeze when I try to close (with a big 100GB+ torrent), it lies about how much I have downloaded... It claimed that I had downloaded over 100GB, and even though I don't have pre-alocation activated it somehow did take up ~100GB. But just out of curiosity, I tried to extract the file. It wasn't corrupted, but I only got 75mb, that's like 1/1333 part of what was claimed.
Quser7845

Post by Quser7845 »

I have the same problem, but with an extra problem on top.

(Windows 7-64, qBittorrrent v4.1.1)

As for others, when I choose close, it stays in the background.
But even worse, when I restart Windows, qBittorrent automatically starts.
So this is stopping me from updating (as the updater complains that it is already running).

I have checked in Tools>Options and Start qBittorrent on Windows start up is NOT selected.
I have looked in Start>All Programs>Startup and it's not there.
I have checked the Registry at HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run and it's not there.
I have run msconfig and looked in Startup and it's not there.

So why does it automatically start?
bernardz

Post by bernardz »

This problem seems to come and go with the version changes with qbittorrent.

This works for me, but it may not the a fix for some.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/555619