Mapped Network drives dissapearing.

Windows specific questions, problems.
sledgehammer_999
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Mapped Network drives dissapearing.

Post by sledgehammer_999 »

But did you btw restart the vm section totaly? as the mapped drives dissapears from qbitorrent after ive done that. (Restarted windows that is)
What do you mean by that? Dooes qbt SOMETIMES display the mapped drives?
askusbloodfist

Post by askusbloodfist »

Its like this. If i open upp windows go to my computer the network drives are mapped. I enter Qbittorrent. And they are not visual. untill i mapp them again inside qbittorrent. as in if you klick "File > add torrent" then right klick my computer and add network drive.

And if i restart windows then they are still visual in my computer but not inside qbittorent again.

I have now tried all vertions i could realy find around the forum. And i might have an idee what its about.

"qBittorrent-experimental-3.2.0alpha-release-3.0.0-1008-gfe0e6a9-x64-setup"  This vertion everything seem to be working. I see all the shares i see in my computer inside qbittorrent. So might be that 32bit version dont work so well with 64bit windows 8?  Cause seems like both vertions i tried before were 32bit.  3.1 and 3.2

Picture shown down here is from 2 tried restarts and they still show upp.
Last edited by askusbloodfist on Sun Oct 12, 2014 8:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sledgehammer_999
Administrator
Administrator

Hmm, my test was with 32bit Windows XP.
It'll be a while until I'll have access to a 64bit Windows version.
However others with access to 64bit might be able to confirm that 32bit qbt doesn't show mapped network drives.
Dayman

Post by Dayman »

[quote="sledgehammer_999"]
@everyone

The issue here is that mapped network drives aren't displayed in qbt's open/save dialog as they should.
Discussions about what is a shell and whatnot are totally irrelevant and only contribute to clutter the current topic and derail the discussion.

Only comments/info about the issue are permitted from this point on. Or observations that might help solve it.
[/quote]

I couldn't reproduce this in my main system with my experimental build, save/open works as expected.

I'll need to try reproducing this in a VM. I know we don't use any nasty stuff for handling open/save dialogs - just the standard Qt dialogs, so the problem might be in older Qt version (mine is 4.8.6 for releases and git master builds; 5.X for experimental), or possibly Boost, though the latter is less likely.
sledgehammer_999
Administrator
Administrator

[quote="Dayman"]
I'll need to try reproducing this in a VM. I know we don't use any nasty stuff for handling open/save dialogs - just the standard Qt dialogs, so the problem might be in older Qt version (mine is 4.8.6 for releases and git master builds; 5.X for experimental), or possibly Boost, though the latter is less likely.
[/quote]

Be sure to test 32bit builds too. (eg mine)
And tomorrow I might provide for the user a qt5 build just in case.
askusbloodfist

Post by askusbloodfist »

It was a strange atleast. But it works now with the experimental version 64 that i posted. And to give exakt info i use windows 8.0 and 8.1 pro versions. that had the problem with standard stable vertion of qbittorrent qBittorrent v3.1.10 installer.

I allso tried the following releases that did not work.

qbittorrent_3.2.0alpha_20140902_2a5393cf_setup.exe
qbittorrent_3.2.0alpha_25122013_setup.exe

And ofc normal version that did not work.
qbittorrent_3.1.10_setup.exe

And again the version that finaly worked was

qBittorrent-experimental-3.2.0alpha-release-3.0.0-1008-gfe0e6a9-x64-setup.exe
Last edited by askusbloodfist on Sun Oct 12, 2014 11:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nemo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Nemo »

bjd223, I've deleted your message because of the following reason:
The issue here is that mapped network drives aren't displayed in qbt's open/save dialog as they should.
Discussions about what is a shell and whatnot are totally irrelevant and only contribute to clutter the current topic and derail the discussion.

Only comments/info about the issue are permitted from this point on. Or observations that might help solve it.
I've copied your message to a new topic however which you can find it over here: http://qbforums.shiki.hu/index.php/topic,2824.0.html

Any reply about Windows shell or other irrelevant things will be deleted, if you want to discuss about it go to the following topic: http://qbforums.shiki.hu/index.php/topic,2824.0.html and keep it clean here , thanks.
Dayman

Post by Dayman »

I couldn't reproduce on Win7 VM with official 3.1.10 and my 3.1.9.2 and 3.1.10 builds. Perhaps it's specific to Win8.
askusbloodfist

Post by askusbloodfist »

[quote="Dayman"]
I couldn't reproduce on Win7 VM with official 3.1.10 and my 3.1.9.2 and 3.1.10 builds. Perhaps it's specific to Win8.
[/quote]

Yeh has to be then sins both ive tried it on is windows 8.0 and 8.1 both pro versions aswell.
sledgehammer_999
Administrator
Administrator

@askusbloodfist

Can you test this build? It uses qt5 instead of qt4(like the experimental one). (however the libs used there aren't the latest).
Link: http://builds.shiki.hu/temp/qbittorrent ... 014_qt5.7z
sledgehammer_999
Administrator
Administrator

Did you try my build?
askusbloodfist

Post by askusbloodfist »

Yeh seems to work with that one aswell
qbituser560

Post by qbituser560 »

Just to let you know, I had the exact problem and the new executable provided resolved the issue.
qbituser560

Post by qbituser560 »

Actually... I retract that.  The problem is still there.  It's a really screwy problem too.

So, the situation this.  I'm switching the computer where qbittorrent is residing but not switching the inprogress and file save location.

So I installed qbittorrent onto the 2nd computer and tried saving directly to the \\home\c directory.  It didn't work.

So I then tried mounting \\home\c to be z:\.  And when I go to Tools --> options --> downloads --> save files to location: ... I don't see z:\

So, I google the issue and come across this thread.  I download your new executable into c:\users\username\ and then I run the executable from that directory.  I go back into Tools and z:\ shows up.

Here's the weird part.  I copy the executable into the program files (x86) directory and then I run the executable and then same problem.

Hmm...

Must be a permission thing.  So I grant qbittorrent all the permissions.  Still no Z:\ shows up.

I go back to the users\username directory and then I run the executable as administrator, Z:\ doesn't show up.  I run it normally, Z:\ shows up again.

I'm running Windows 8.1.