Torrents doesn't start

Windows specific questions, problems.
xisini

Torrents doesn't start

Post by xisini »

Hi,

I am facing a problem in qBittorent. I am using the latest version on windows 7. Problem is when i create a torrent and upload it to a private tracker, client couldn't see leechers and i have to pause and resume to start uploading otherwise process doesn't start.
ciaobaby

Re: Torrents doesn't start

Post by ciaobaby »

I am using the latest version
The 'latest version' being what exactly?
xisini

Post by xisini »

Version 3.1.10
ciaobaby

Post by ciaobaby »

[quote="xisini"]
Problem is when i create a torrent and upload it to a private tracker, client couldn't see leechers and i have to pause and resume to start uploading otherwise process doesn't start.[/quote]

What is the tracker status prior to restarting?
xisini

Post by xisini »

Tracker was online. This issue has happend to me several times.
xisini

Post by xisini »

It is a little bit late to write but the i want to ask something. When uploading a torrent I create a torrent first then start it but because i haven't upload torrent file to tracker yet it doesn't start.

After that i upload the torrent file to tracker and wait for peers show up. In the meanwhile i check tracker if any leechers comes up when they do i can't see them on client. I have to restart torrent to start seeding.

Do you think this is normal ?
100%

Post by 100% »

[quote="xisini"]
Version 3.1.10[/quote]

That's not the latest version. The latest version is 3.1.11. Please upgrade and see what happens.
loki

Post by loki »

It might be that you didn't follow the directions from the private tracker... or you don't know how to properly seed, all the ones that I know of you have to create the torrent with the tracker address they specify then you upload that torrent file so it knows what it is, etc... and for others to get the data from it. YOU then MUST download your created torrent file from your torrent upload, in order to seed, in other words you don't do anything else with your originally "locally" created torrent file.
Muzak

Post by Muzak »

If the tracker you are using *does not* require you to download the .torrent file uploaded (there are a few still out there that work this way) it will take up to an hour for *your* client to announce itself to the server.  If you want your client to be recognized by the server as a seeder you must either pause and start the torrent, or use the "force reannounce to all trackers" to tell qBit to talk to the server.  There's no way for qBit to "know" when you finally uploaded the torrent file to the server, you have to either perform one of the two actions listed or wait until the normal announce cycle occurs for that torrent.