Windows Vista and up 32bit
5%
Windows Vista and up 64bit
70%

Total votes: 20

ciaobaby

Re: [poll]Stop supporting Windows XP?

Post by ciaobaby »

A rather pathetic third behind Android according to figures based on real users rather than a Wikipedia guesstimate.

http://www.w3counter.com/globalstats.php
Papanikles

Post by Papanikles »

If you had read what is written on wikipedia you would know that statistics are based on real users too. More specific is based on information of September month of this site: http://www.netmarketshare.com/operating ... pcustomd=0

And Android is a OS mobile don't confuse with OS Desktop. XP is 2º OS (desktop) most used on the world.
Last edited by Papanikles on Sat Nov 01, 2014 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sledgehammer_999
Administrator
Administrator

Post by sledgehammer_999 »

Yeah it seems that the 32bit version stays.
Gúgolplex

Post by Gúgolplex »

Will 64-bit version too?

Next year Windows 10 :P
fusk

Post by fusk »

[quote="Gúgolplex"]
Will 64-bit version too?

Next year Windows 10 :P
[/quote]

There is an unofficial 64bit build of qbittorrent, but it's not being maintained and has the same bugs and limitations the 32bit app has. More or less.

I was hoping windows 10 would be 64bit only and microsoft would ditch 32bit completely.
loki

Post by loki »

The 64bit version IS being maintained, or compiled more accurately, "more or less" there may not be a 3.1.11 however I disagree with you in that it has the same bugs and limitations as the 32bit version. For me, on Windows 7 64 only the 64bit version works without error.

Last time I tried the official 32bit version it had some I/O error and it was never solved as far as I know. They didn't know what the error was pointing to or why the 64bit version didn't have the same issue.
fusk

Post by fusk »

I've not really noticed much of a difference between the two bug-wise. But there's a major bug in the 64bit. It has the same memory limitations as the 32bit version caused of a bug in the 64bit version that has never been fixed. I wasn't thinking of 3.1.11 in particular.
zeomal

Post by zeomal »

Windows XP support should stay for a year or two more. There are plenty of people who would absolutely love that.

32 bit should stay, but should be phased out. It really is getting old, and with analysts saying that Windows 10 will be the next rather big jump users will tend to make (the Technical Preview is turning out to be good, apparently).
My suggestion would be to shift focus from 32bit to 64bit.

And @Sledgehammer, Windows 8.1 Pro (64bit) would be a really good choice, but if you can wait for Windows 10, that possibly might even be better.
Tomaso

Post by Tomaso »

[quote="ZeoMal"]
Windows 8.1 Pro (64bit) would be a really good choice, but if you can wait for Windows 10, that possibly might even be better.[/quote]

Actually, from what I've read, M$ will be giving away Win10 for free for everyone that owns a full retail copy of Win8.1.
zeomal

Post by zeomal »

There, that settles it! Windows 8.1 Pro (64 bit) is the best choice.

(I've read that too. M$ are pretty desperate to make up for their Windows 8.x mess, aren't they?)
Papanikles

Post by Papanikles »

I think Windows 7 will be "new XP".Will take several years to change 7 to the other.
sledgehammer_999
Administrator
Administrator

Post by sledgehammer_999 »

I locked the voting and unstickied the topic.
It is obvious that the 32bit version is here to stay for at least a year more.