System tray double click and adding magnet/torrent behaviour

Windows specific questions, problems.
nexus2001

System tray double click and adding magnet/torrent behaviour

Post by nexus2001 »

Finally I switched from annoying utorrent, which is full of ads and implemented stupidity, by words on other forums about qbit.

Now, I have few questions, because I cannot find few options. Maybe they are not implemented into, maybe I'm getting silly with letters, due to excessive work on PC.

First is, is there an option where qbit can only onpen from system tray when double clicked? I do not prefer one click.
Second, is there an option where qbit reacts (opens window, or displays info on systray), when magnet/torrent link is added?
ciaobaby

Re: System tray double click and adding magnet/torrent behaviour

Post by ciaobaby »

Second, is there an option where qbit reacts (opens window, or displays info on systray), when magnet/torrent link is added?
Yes there is, Tools -> Options -> Downloads.
First is, is there an option where qbit can only onpen from system tray when double clicked? I do not prefer one click.
No
nexus2001

Post by nexus2001 »

Thanks for first.

Will second be implemented?
ciaobaby

Post by ciaobaby »

You can make a feature request at https://github.com/qbittorrent/qBittorr ... s/Wishlist

Please search for any existing  suggestions/requests before making the request.
nexus2001

Post by nexus2001 »

Ok, I'm a bit confused with "adding" request, but I hope that I got it right. Because I do not know how to add it as request, there is only an option "New issue" and after writing down subject and comment, only given option is "submit issue"
I added it as subject: [FEATURE REQUEST] Add double click to open program from system tray icon label:Wishlist (yes I even added label:wishlist) Link: https://github.com/qbittorrent/qBittorrent/issues/2122

One thing is strange, as I added it, it doesn't show on the list: https://github.com/qbittorrent/qBittorrent/labels/Wishlist , even if it is searched filtered by my username.
ciaobaby

Post by ciaobaby »

Well at the very least, I'm glad somebody finds Git as confusingly obtuse as I do and I've read the f***ing manual :)
ciaobaby

Post by ciaobaby »

Well! After a little more "Git user manual reading" about labels, I find that as is to be expected .... the 'manual' is WRONG.

A: The only person(s) who can assign labels is the repo owner, .. not sure whether it would be safe to assume that this also means named contributors or not but hey! that's "user manuals" for you.

B: Is says ... and I quote;
Select the checkbox next to the items you want to apply a label to.
Well suffice to say, ... There is NO "checkbox", there is a list of items with absolutely no indication that it IS masquerading as a 'checkbox'.

And you guys wonder why I'm apparently over critical about these things.
sledgehammer_999
Administrator
Administrator

Post by sledgehammer_999 »

Unfortunately the only drawback with github (not git itself) is the lack of more refined control for the bugtracker. The only persons that can assign labels,milestones,close(other people's) issues are persons that also have WRITE access to the repo. That is insane!!!

I wanted to give more people control over the bugtracker but github is very limited on this feature. Why do I keep using it? For it's pull request feature and because you can cross-reference issues just by typing their number and you can also cross-reference commits and all relevant parties get notified.
sledgehammer_999
Administrator
Administrator

Post by sledgehammer_999 »

Regular users can only create bugs. They cannot assign labels upon creation. And they can close only THEIR bugs.
nexus2001

Post by nexus2001 »

Yep, that is a bit of bummer.

OK, no matter what, I hope one day double-click systray opening will be implemented.
Thanks guys.