qbit wont close on task tab

Windows specific questions, problems.
Leokosta

qbit wont close on task tab

Post by Leokosta »

Hello. I have come with a little bug. When I close QBit, it stays on the task tab. I need to go CTRL + ALT + DEL, close it from there, and then I can open it again. Its a little annoying, because I cant save minor configurations, like add tabs on the transfer panel ( added on, completed on etc ).
Running on Windows 7 pro 64 bit. Tried File - Exit, Right click - Exit on icon, and Ctrl + Q.

Tx for the attencion, and sorry the bad english.
ThyTorrenter

Re: qbit wont close on task tab

Post by ThyTorrenter »

Do you mean the system tray? Have you checked the "Close qBittorrent to notification area" option? If it's enabled, disable it.
Leokosta

Post by Leokosta »

No, I mean, when I go on the icon on system tray, right click and close it, after a while, If I check on task manager, the process is still there.if I want to open it again, it wont. I need to close it there, on task Manager (CTRL + ALT + DEL )so I can open it again.
Tx for the reply
Muzak

Post by Muzak »

How many torrents are you seeding.  qBit performs a 'graceful' shutdown and can take quite a bit of time to close if you are seeding a lot of torrents.
loki

Post by loki »

It may have just "crashed" ungracefully... does it continue to happen, repeatable every time you close?
Leokosta

Post by Leokosta »

Yes, every time. Now, I have 50 torrents total, 9 seeding, 4 downloading and 37 on pause.
ciaobaby

Post by ciaobaby »

What version?

and define "add tabs"?
Leokosta

Post by Leokosta »

Version 3.1.11
On the left panel, theres Transfers, Search, RSS and Execution Log. When I click Transfers, on the right side there is Name, Size, Remaining, Status etc ... That´s what I call tabs, sorry if I dont know how to say in english. If I right click, I get the option to enable added on, Completed on, tracker, and so on. But it is reversed when I close and open Qbit. Hope I could make my self clear, and tx for the answer.
ciaobaby

Post by ciaobaby »

On the left panel, theres Transfers, Search, RSS and Execution Log.
They are the tabs, the Name, Size, Status etc are "columns" or more correctly 'Column Headers".
But it is reversed when I close and open Qbit
Yes the "Window metrics and state" are saved at close down, but because you are force closing the client it never gets to that point.

With 50 loaded tasks,  I would expect a graceful close (time from File -> Exit to cessation of all tasks) to take around five  to nine minutes assuming a mix of multi-file and mono-file payloads. More if all (or most) tasks are multi-file, less if mainly mono-file payloads.
In an ideal world if you run more than around ten tasks on ANY client you should be running it on a machine that doesn't need powering down very often.
Leokosta

Post by Leokosta »

Actually, the reason I close QBit  is because sometimes it kills my Internet Navegation. So, to see a Youtube Video or a Twitch Stream, I need to close it. Some times it remains closed for  one hour or more. I´ll try not to add more torrents, until the number drops to 10 or so.

As a former user of Utorrent, I´d like to point that your support is light years better than the UT. Keep up the amazing work.
ciaobaby

Post by ciaobaby »

Actually, the reason I close QBit  is because sometimes it kills my Internet Navegation.
qBT causing problems with Internet use for other applications is often attributable to the number of connections that you have set.

So putting two and two together with the information steadily garnered from this thread, you are probably using the installation defaults, which are fine for the occasional user or 'light duty' users ( less than ten loaded tasks) but are way OTT for 'power' users or a machine that has to 'share' Internet resources with browsing.

So with fifty tasks on a 'shared' machine;

Global max connection:  500;
per torrent connections: 10;
Global max upload slots 10;
per torrent upload slots: 2;

Half open connections (in Advanced setting): 15;

The above are suggested as a starting point, you may need to adjust them for your specific system.

Check your actual line speed with speedtest.net then set the speed limits to:

Upload: 85% of the measured rate.
Download: 50%  of the measured rate.

Convert the measured rate from bps (bit per second) to Bps (Bytes per second) by dividing them by 8 (8 bits = 1 Byte). Line testing is measured in bps, BitTorrent clients measure speeds in Bytes per second.

Again these are starting points and you need to determine empirically what is 'right' for your system.
Leokosta

Post by Leokosta »

Tx, gonna try it right way :)