Migrate from uTorrent to qBittorrent easily

Windows specific questions, problems.
mzso

Re: Migrate from uTorrent to qBittorrent easily

Post by mzso »

[quote="g3rsiu"]
[quote="Danzig"]
[quote="Navajo"]
TriAnMan: Guys, I've fixed the thing - there was a problem with announce-list items.
Take the code here: https://gist.github.com/Cyberthing/cb49cc19cc5609f3db61
[/quote]

Thanks for the fix!
I'll update the first post as soon as I have some time.
[/quote]

since no update on first post i compiled it - it worked for me

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1UBcG ... sp=sharing

idk  programming or anything but something wouldn't compile when used in the paths presented in the script so i had to use my filepath  - hope this works

tested from utorrent 226 to qbt 334

still same usage as in original post
[/quote]

So does this add them as paused or running? The former would be a safer approach.
Last edited by mzso on Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mzso

Post by mzso »

[quote="tekko"]
The safer way:
copy and paste tracker to each...

Another but more technical way:
mass copy the magnet links and paste them into a text editor.
Use find and replace to add the private tracker to the links.
copy and paste the links to qbt.
trackers will be merged for any torrent that has been detected as public.

The messy way:
Backup the .torrent files and remove them from the list keeping the files downloaded.
In options > bittorrent > add the private tracker to that auto add box
Now when you re-add the .torrent, the private tracker would be added. (That's if qbt detects the .torrent as public)
Remove the tracker from options when you're done.
Please note that you will lose any custom locations, category info. and so on. Be carefully... Test a few to understand what's going on.
[/quote]

So I guess this means there's no mass tracker edit feature for torrents? (I don't see any in the latest version either)
A huge blow because sometimes private trackers change, and changing a hundred torrents or more manually is quite brutal.
rumanzo
VIP
VIP

Post by rumanzo »

[quote="mzso"]
So I guess this means there's no mass tracker edit feature for torrents? (I don't see any in the latest version either)
A huge blow because sometimes private trackers change, and changing a hundred torrents or more manually is quite brutal.
[/quote]
Recently I have been training in golang programming. I can write a program (cli) for this purpose

UPD
I was bored. If there are errors, write to me.
Just do not forget to backup the directory %LOCALAPPDATA%\qBittorrent\BT_backup and close qBittorrent
index.php/topic,5625.msg27222.html#msg27222
https://bitbucket.org/rumanzo/qbtchangetracker/overview
https://bitbucket.org/rumanzo/qbtchange ... x86_64.exe
https://bitbucket.org/rumanzo/qbtchange ... r_i386.exe
Last edited by rumanzo on Sat Dec 30, 2017 7:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
aaaa1234

Post by aaaa1234 »

Hi,

I have a problem using this, and I could not solve it at all.

I ran the command: ut2gt.exe "c:\Users\*****\AppData\Roaming\uTorrent\Resume.dat" "c:\users\*****\AppData\Local\qBittorrent\BT_backup"
where ***** is my user.

and I get this error: FATAL ERROR: Failed to get temp file name.

Any idea? I appreciate the help :) as i want to move away from utorrent piece of junk.
rumanzo
VIP
VIP

Post by rumanzo »

Anyone understand how it works? Author not active.

I rewrite part with res['have'].unpack('b*').first.scan(/./).map {|i| (i.to_i(2)*1) }.pack('C'*npieces) on golang, but it's not work.

Utorrent field resume["have"] not relevant to output field pieces such (it's hex)
00000000  00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00  00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00  |................|
00000010  00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00  00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00  |................|
00000020  00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00  00 00 00 00 f0 ff ff 0f      |................|
00000030  00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00  00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00  |................|
00000040  00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00  00 00 00 00 00 00 f8 ff    |................|
00000050  ff ff 0f 00 00 00 00 00  00 00                                  |..........|

really must be

00000000  00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00  00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00  |................|
00000010  00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00  00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00  |................|
00000020  00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00  00 00 00 00 0f ff ff f0      |................|
00000030  00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00  00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00  |................|
00000040  00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00  00 00 00 00 00 00 1f ff    |................|
00000050  ff ff f0 00 00 00 00 00  00 00                                  |..........|

And if I slightly adapt the original resume["have"], it's works, but it's trial and error method (can't find any info). But ruby tool convert it relatively correctly (i don't know why). I wanted to unpack the original exe (its packed with ruby ocra), but I did not find a way to do this.

My func on golang look like:
func piecesconvert(s string, npieces *int) []byte {
var newpieces  = make([]byte, 0 , *npieces)
for _, c := range []byte(s) {
var binString string
binString = fmt.Sprintf("%s%.8b", binString, c)
for _, d := range binString {
if len(newpieces) == cap(newpieces) { break }
chr, _ := strconv.Atoi(string(d))
newpieces = append(newpieces, byte(chr))
}
}
return newpieces
}

it's return correct byte string, but it's not valid in qtorrent (because utorrent\bittorrent 3.x\7.8 save data in special way, i guess).

Anybody help?
mzso

Post by mzso »

[quote="rumanzo"]
[quote="mzso"]
[/quote]
Recently I have been training in golang programming. I can write a program (cli) for this purpose

UPD
I was bored. If there are errors, write to me.
Just do not forget to backup the directory %LOCALAPPDATA%\qBittorrent\BT_backup and close qBittorrent
index.php/topic,5625.msg27222.html#msg27222
https://bitbucket.org/rumanzo/qbtchangetracker/overview
https://bitbucket.org/rumanzo/qbtchange ... x86_64.exe
https://bitbucket.org/rumanzo/qbtchange ... r_i386.exe
[/quote]
Thanks. This'll come handy sometime for sure.
Peter
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Peter »

Thank you Rumanzo!
mohayta

Post by mohayta »

I've just registered to say thank you, it worked like a charm! I got merged my 307 torrents without any problem. Thanks!
toni91

Post by toni91 »

[quote="nexter"]
Hello there!

I tried both the compiled and source version, but both got error after about 430 torrents.
Then I saw that there had been forks/revisions since 2015, so I tried the newest by "naodesu" and it worked!
So, I have compiled it into a new .exe, then I made a batch-file for easier use and a readme-file.
You can find it here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2_vv0F9iI_aOHJLRDNUbU1TVEE/view?usp=sharing
Please read the readme.txt

And please let me know if you have any problems.[/quote]

I registered just to thank you for this :) successfully transferred 3800 torrents from uTorrent 3.2.3 to qBittorrent 4.0.3,  you saved me a lot of time :D
Ryrynz

Post by Ryrynz »

Imported torrent but they don't work. I selected one to start from 0% and it did nothing.. I removed the torrent and readded and it downloaded fine (connection is okay with green plug)
Seeds show, peers show but no downloading occurs. This may also be why I have no uploading happening either..
Is there a quick way I can get these working? I'm shown as seeding them but nothing is transferring, I'm going to assume I'll just have to re-add everything.

Things seem to be seeding fine ATM, I think the torrents that are at 0% might be the only problem, I'll look into it.
Last edited by Ryrynz on Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mike_EE

Post by Mike_EE »

I tried to run this using uTorrent 3.4.2 and obtained the following results
Parsing dat file...C:/Users/XXXXX/AppData/Local/Temp/ocr71CE.tmp/lib/ruby/gems
/2.4.0/gems/bencode-0.8.2/lib/bencode/decode.rb:34:in `initialize': Is a directory @ rb_sysopen - C:\Users\XXXXX\AppData\Roaming\uTorrent (Errno::EISDIR)
        from C:/Users/XXXXX/AppData/Local/Temp/ocr71CE.tmp/lib/ruby/gems/2.4.0
/gems/bencode-0.8.2/lib/bencode/decode.rb:34:in `open'
/gems/bencode-0.8.2/lib/bencode/decode.rb:34:in `load_file'
        from C:/Users/XXXXX/AppData/Local/Temp/ocr71CE.tmp/src/resumedat_2015.
rb:386:in `<main>'
Press any key to continue . . .
Any thoughts?
rumanzo
VIP
VIP

Post by rumanzo »

Mike_EE wrote: I tried to run this using uTorrent 3.4.2 and obtained the following results
/2.4.0/gems/bencode-0.8.2/lib/bencode/decode.rb:34:in `initialize': Is a directory @ rb_sysopen - C:\Users\XXXXX\AppData\Roaming\uTorrent (Errno::EISDIR)
Any thoughts?
Look like you adjust only bittorrent dir, without resume.dat file. Can you show you command?
Mike_EE

Post by Mike_EE »

rumanzo wrote:
Mike_EE wrote: I tried to run this using uTorrent 3.4.2 and obtained the following results
Any thoughts?
Look like you adjust only bittorrent dir, without resume.dat file. Can you show you command?
I used the batch file and entered the paths when prompted. The command I ran was : "C:\Users\XXXXXXX\Downloads\ut2gt.exe", which then prompted me for the paths.
Mike_EE

Post by Mike_EE »

Update:

I finally had some time to experiment and used the EXE directly instead of the batch file. This worked excellently and I was able to migrate 3400+ torrents to qBittorrent. Thanks to everyone involved in creating and maintaining the migration tool!
angryman

Post by angryman »

the .exe does not even work for me. as soon as i open it up it closes immediately with an error abouit the rest-file. thanks for wasting my time  >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(