Migrate from uTorrent to qBittorrent easily

Windows specific questions, problems.
angryman

Re: Migrate from uTorrent to qBittorrent easily

Post by angryman »

you're notes on the script aren't very good either.

whatever.
Emax

Post by Emax »

Of my 350 torrents only about 120 were migrated succesfully using this script. I find it kind of weird that a program that advertises so loudly as being a uTorrent replacement does not have an easy way of migrating your torrents from uTorrent..  It's been over a week now since it installed QBittorrent and I still have not been able to move all torrents from uTorrent, some torrents give a lot of I/O errors that I do not seem to get rid of, which also looks to be a reason for a couple of crashes of Qbittorrent.. And after a crash (or a normal restart) it needs to recheck a lot of my torrents which takes quite some time..
murk00

Post by murk00 »

So when I run the ut2gt.exe this is what flashes on screen. What does this mean, and what do I need to do?
Attachments
IMG_0254.PNG
Zinnastine

Post by Zinnastine »

Im having this error, and i wasnt able to figure out the issue. If anybody could help i'd appreciate it.

C:\Users\Viktor\Desktop\utg2t> ut2gt.exe "C:\Users\<qwe>\AppData\Roaming\uTorrent\resume.dat" "C:\Users\<qwe>\AppData\Local\qBittorrent\BT_backup"
WARNING: The rest_client gem is deprecated and will be removed from RubyGems. Please use rest-client gem instead.
Backing up dat file...C:/Users/qwe/AppData/Local/Temp/ocr914E.tmp/lib/ruby/2.1.0/fileutils.rb:1401:in `initialize': Invalid argument @ rb_sysopen - C:\Users\<qwe>\AppData\Roaming\uTorrent\resume.dat (Errno::EINVAL)
        from C:/Users/qwe/AppData/Local/Temp/ocr914E.tmp/lib/ruby/2.1.0/fileutils.rb:1401:in `open'
        from C:/Users/qwe/AppData/Local/Temp/ocr914E.tmp/lib/ruby/2.1.0/fileutils.rb:1401:in `copy_file'
        from C:/Users/qwe/AppData/Local/Temp/ocr914E.tmp/lib/ruby/2.1.0/fileutils.rb:483:in `copy_file'
        from C:/Users/qwe/AppData/Local/Temp/ocr914E.tmp/lib/ruby/2.1.0/fileutils.rb:400:in `block in cp'
        from C:/Users/qwe/AppData/Local/Temp/ocr914E.tmp/lib/ruby/2.1.0/fileutils.rb:1579:in `block in fu_each_src_dest'
        from C:/Users/qwe/AppData/Local/Temp/ocr914E.tmp/lib/ruby/2.1.0/fileutils.rb:1595:in `fu_each_src_dest0'
        from C:/Users/qwe/AppData/Local/Temp/ocr914E.tmp/lib/ruby/2.1.0/fileutils.rb:1577:in `fu_each_src_dest'
        from C:/Users/qwe/AppData/Local/Temp/ocr914E.tmp/lib/ruby/2.1.0/fileutils.rb:399:in `cp'
        from C:/Users/qwe/AppData/Local/Temp/ocr914E.tmp/src/resumedatfinal.rb:87:in `backupResumeDat'
        from C:/Users/qwe/AppData/Local/Temp/ocr914E.tmp/src/resumedatfinal.rb:341:in `<main>'

I tried to run in cmd as admin, same in powershell, no luck so far.
Emax

Post by Emax »

^^ I got similiar issues with the original script, but in this topic you can also find newer versions. This one worked for me (well for a part at least):

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2_vv0 ... sp=sharing
medve125

Post by medve125 »

I tried to migrate from utorrent to qBittorrent, but the ut2qt.exe made a fatal error. Can someone help for me what i mistake? Thank you.
Attachments
error.JPG
Last edited by medve125 on Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Arilando

Post by Arilando »

I just ran the program and it only transferred 952 of 1983 torrents. It also seems to have misinterpreted the location of some of the torrents, redownloading them to a new location. I also get the message "I/O error occured" for some of the torrents (As seen in this image https://i.imgur.com/WV9gIDe.png). Anyone have any idea WTF is going on?

EDIT: I ran the newer program posted in a few posts above me and it was capable of transferring all torrents, including for some reason torrents i had deleted from utorrent (No idea how this happened), i now have 4564 torrents in qbit.
Last edited by Arilando on Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HaArD

Post by HaArD »

I ran the newer EXE version from the first post and it seems to have move all 500+ torrents over. I had to recheck a couple as four of them the location didn't transfer and they started as new downloads.

I now have everything in QBit but the completed location for them is a folder called "uTorrent_Completed", I'd like to change that to "qBittorrent_Completed" is there any way to do this all at once?

I highlighted several torrents and tried to use Set Location but that moved the contents of all those torrents, not the top folder, just the contents, into the specified location.
mzso

Post by mzso »

[quote="HaArD"]
I ran the newer EXE version from the first post and it seems to have move all 500+ torrents over. I had to recheck a couple as four of them the location didn't transfer and they started as new downloads.

I now have everything in QBit but the completed location for them is a folder called "uTorrent_Completed", I'd like to change that to "qBittorrent_Completed" is there any way to do this all at once?

I highlighted several torrents and tried to use Set Location but that moved the contents of all those torrents, not the top folder, just the contents, into the specified location.
[/quote]

The root folders for torrents imported from µt are glitched somehow. If you delete them with their files, the root folders will also remain.
I don't know if there's a way to fix this. You can check out the python script from here: https://github.com/qbittorrent/qBittorr ... -345481599
If you can make it work, I certainly couldn't.
Rocinante

Post by Rocinante »

[quote="rumanzo"]
[quote="mzso"]
So I guess this means there's no mass tracker edit feature for torrents? (I don't see any in the latest version either)
A huge blow because sometimes private trackers change, and changing a hundred torrents or more manually is quite brutal.
[/quote]
Recently I have been training in golang programming. I can write a program (cli) for this purpose

UPD
I was bored. If there are errors, write to me.
Just do not forget to backup the directory %LOCALAPPDATA%\qBittorrent\BT_backup and close qBittorrent
index.php/topic,5625.msg27222.html#msg27222
https://bitbucket.org/rumanzo/qbtchangetracker/overview
https://bitbucket.org/rumanzo/qbtchange ... x86_64.exe
https://bitbucket.org/rumanzo/qbtchange ... r_i386.exe
[/quote]
This works!
Thanks a lot.

You could also copy all the magnet links, paste them in a text file, use the replace function, and copy the magnet links back.
Last edited by Rocinante on Mon Mar 26, 2018 12:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
rumanzo
VIP
VIP

Post by rumanzo »

[quote="Rocinante"]
[quote="rumanzo"]
[quote="mzso"]
So I guess this means there's no mass tracker edit feature for torrents? (I don't see any in the latest version either)
A huge blow because sometimes private trackers change, and changing a hundred torrents or more manually is quite brutal.
[/quote]
Recently I have been training in golang programming. I can write a program (cli) for this purpose

UPD
Just do not forget to backup the directory %LOCALAPPDATA%\qBittorrent\BT_backup and close qBittorrent
[/quote]
This works!
Thanks a lot.

You could also copy all the magnet links, paste them in a text file, use the replace function, and copy the magnet links back.
[/quote]
Hi! If necessary, I can add functionality to replace the magnet links in-place. Let me know if it's useful - i'll do it.
mzso

Post by mzso »

[quote="rumanzo"]
[quote="Rocinante"]
[quote="rumanzo"]
[quote="mzso"]
[/quote]

UPD
[/quote]
This works!
Thanks a lot.

[/quote]
Hi! If necessary, I can add functionality to replace the magnet links in-place. Let me know if it's useful - i'll do it.
[/quote]

Hi!

Would you be interested in fixing the lack of root folder issue with imported torrents? (If you're bored again sometime. :) )

If I'm not mistaken it's not much different: The deepest level of the save path need to be compared to the torrent name from the .torrent. If it's an exact match that part needs to be deleted from the path and the "qBt-hasRootFolder" value changed to 1.

(Some might not be caught with special characters and such, but I expect those would be few and far between. An accidental match with the torrent name feels even less likely...)
Last edited by mzso on Mon Mar 26, 2018 9:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
rumanzo
VIP
VIP

Post by rumanzo »

[quote="mzso"]
Hi!

Would you be interested in fixing the lack of root folder issue with imported torrents? (If you're bored again sometime. :) )

If I'm not mistaken it's not much different: The deepest level of the save path need to be compared to the torrent name from the .torrent. If it's an exact match that part needs to be deleted from the path and the "qBt-hasRootFolder" value changed to 1.

(Some might not be caught with special characters and such, but I expect those would be few and far between. An accidental match with the torrent name feels even less likely...)
[/quote]
When this error occurs? After working the script from the topic?
mzso

Post by mzso »

[quote="rumanzo"]
[quote="mzso"]
Hi!

[/quote]
When this error occurs? After working the script from the topic?
[/quote]
Yes. A compiled version of it. (the files linked in the OP faild for me.)
Which is referred to originate from here, so I doubt it works any differently. (There would be no point in making it inferior)
All imported torrents are affected besides single file ones.

The problem is that it just doesn't deal with the QB root folder feature at all and just adds the save path directly from µt, which breaks moving of torrents and deleting torrents in QB.
Last edited by mzso on Mon Mar 26, 2018 12:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mzso

Post by mzso »

[quote="rumanzo"]When this error occurs? After working the script from the topic?
[/quote]

So? What do you think?