qBittorrent v3.1.9.2 process inaccessible and cannot be closed without reboot?

Windows specific questions, problems.
DarthContinent

qBittorrent v3.1.9.2 process inaccessible and cannot be closed without reboot?

Post by DarthContinent »

I found a reference here to an issue I'm experiencing under qBitorrent 3.1.9.2 on Windows 7 32-bit.

This seems to be specific to a relatively large (~69 GB) torrent from which I've selected only certain files and folders to download. Upon reboot, when I open qBitorrent it quickly becomes inaccessible; the UI does not appear, there is no taskbar icon, and I cannot End Process on the task. If I use taskkiller, it claims to have successfully ended the process, but yet it remains in the tasks list. I can open another instance of qbittorrent.exe and it appears to be accessible, but I notice occasional I/O errors appear specific to that torrent, as if the second qBittorrent process is clashing with the first.

Does the latest version address this issue, or does anyone have a solution? Suggestions would be appreciated, thanks.  :(

UPDATE since my initial post, not sure whether it simply needed a strangely long time to close the process, but it has finally closed. Now I appear to have a single, functional qbittorrent.exe running in Task Manager, although the torrent I described above remains in a Stalled state, even though there are definitely seeds out there. Could some remnant of the killed qbittorrent.exe be interfering with the live one's ability to modify the torrent and its files?
Last edited by DarthContinent on Thu Mar 26, 2015 12:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ciaobaby

Re: qBittorrent v3.1.9.2 process inaccessible and cannot be closed without reboot?

Post by ciaobaby »

3.1.12 is the current release version, ... ...  try it, ... ... tell us if it is 'fixed'.

And do not keep 'killing' the qbittorrent process, ... ... because every time you do cause the payload to require checking on start up.
DarthContinent

Re: qBittorrent v3.1.9.2 process inaccessible and cannot be closed without reboot?

Post by DarthContinent »

Ok, I tried downloading and installing the newest version, then deleted the torrent and its files from the old version, rebooted, then opened the new version, reopened the torrent, and attempted to download the files again, but it remains in Stalled status with no change.

It's no big deal, I'll try another bittorrent client for this particular issue. It could be that my killing the previous processes as you suggest may've sandbagged qBittorrent such that it was overwhelmed with trying to check and recheck the files.
ciaobaby

Post by ciaobaby »

but it remains in Stalled status with no change.
And do you know for an absolute fact that peers exist and are connectable for this particular torrent payload?