Qbittorrent 3.2.3 and audio lag

Windows specific questions, problems.
neXus

Re: Qbittorrent 3.2.3 and audio lag

Post by neXus »

I'm still in a process of updating and installing programs on W7. Yesterday, I had to install W7 twice. On the first time, update wasn't working properly, after SP1 update. To be exact, after SP1 it updates some KB that is a new version of Win updater installer. It has a bug. I figured, searching through the net that that KB is the cause of "searching for updates" bug. There is KB that needs to be installed manually and after that DNS on IPV4 has to be putted on 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 with disabling IPV6 and restarting PC. Yesterday I finished that, today I only have to install rest of the software, after work.
I'll get back with answer, when I'm finished.

But, before W10, while I was on W7, I had 3.2.3. I didn't noticed any problems.
Last edited by neXus on Mon Aug 24, 2015 6:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
apoklyps3

Post by apoklyps3 »

got a new pc with 4790k and a clean install of windows 10.
still happens...
apoklyps3

Post by apoklyps3 »

[quote="Nemo"]
It did got fixed right, now you went back to W7?
[/quote]
it's not fixed. the suggested settings for the network adapter have  no effect whatsoever.
ciaobaby

Post by ciaobaby »

okay,

Does it happen with all jobs paused?
Nemo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Nemo »

I still think that Windows 10 is the problem causing this somehow.

I wouldn't touch it though with all of its privacy issues, but thats me.
apoklyps3

Post by apoklyps3 »

it does seem to have alot to do with ndis.sys
I used latecymon too and definetely goes  ridiculously high when qbittorrent is running. but I have a feeling that not qbittorrent is the problem or at least not the primary problem.
something wrong with that driver .
i have installed the latest driver from intel for my 218v integrated NIC and will test to see if anything changed.
not sure if it's on the NIC driver side , as at first when the problem ocurred I had a different and less powerful system that had a realtek nic.
neXus

Post by neXus »

[quote="Nemo"]
I still think that Windows 10 is the problem causing this somehow.

I wouldn't touch it though with all of its privacy issues, but thats me.
[/quote]

Yep, there is something between Qbit and W10 that doesn't function right. Tested 1 movie, for now, and everything is OK. (W7)

BTW, there are now few KB patches for W7 and W8/8.1 that implement telemetry, tracking and collecting data. And it's true. There is manual on reddit, on how to remove things that are impemented as service and in task scheduler, beside KB patches.
ciaobaby

Post by ciaobaby »

Drop half open connections to 20 or less and your connections per torrent setting to 15 or less  and retest.
apoklyps3

Post by apoklyps3 »

installed the latest intel driver for windows 10 and everything seems to be ok so far.
anybody else with an intel NIC that can test?
neXus

Post by neXus »

[quote="apoklyps3"]

installed the latest intel driver for windows 10 and everything seems to be ok so far.
anybody else with an intel NIC that can test?
[/quote]

My NIC is Intel onboard, but every driver had problems. Pure driver or with additional options. No matter if from official ASUS site or from Intel.
Last edited by neXus on Tue Aug 25, 2015 3:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Peter
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Peter »

Dunno I have like 30 torrents in seed and I play online games that require low ping and no delay... and I don't have delay.
Check the drivers, Realtek already released a Win10 driver.
lami

Post by lami »

same issue for me! (10x64)

the micro-freeze that i observe (audio stutter/glitch) only occur when qbittorrent is active
(duration=0,5s, frequency=~1/2 hour)
ciaobaby

Post by ciaobaby »

Now that's excellent info, thanks.

Every 30 minutes is a helpful clue, that is pointing towards a local update of some kind that appropriates a large chunk of available bandwidth.

So, to everyone in the thread 30 mins is a common tracker update period, so turning off "Always announce to all trackers" may alleviate the issue or at least offer a clue what or where to test next.
lami

Post by lami »

[quote="ciaobaby"]
...so turning off "Always announce to all trackers" may alleviate the issue or at least offer a clue what or where to test next.
[/quote]
ok, i'll try your suggestion (i've already lowered half open connections/connections per torrent without side effect)
lami

Post by lami »

no effect... :'(