Post by Sidar »

qBT: v3.2.3
Qt: 4.8.7
Libtorrent: 1.0.6.0
Boost: 1.55.0
apoklyps3

Re: Qbittorrent 3.2.3 and audio lag

Post by apoklyps3 »

strangely enough I have tryed to record the moment when it happens using Nvidia Shadowplay.
While it happend on live playback , it's not on the recording. LOL
crazy stuff.
ciaobaby

Post by ciaobaby »

While it happend on live playback , it's not on the recording.
That is a problem with your audio card output processing then, I take it it is 'on-board' chipset without it's own processor?
neXus

Post by neXus »

I have two audio devices. HDMi audio from nVidia GTX 770 and X-Fi extremegamer pro fatality. And both of them manifest same problem.
Last edited by neXus on Tue Aug 18, 2015 11:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
ciaobaby

Post by ciaobaby »

And both of them manifest same
Synchronously?
apoklyps3

Post by apoklyps3 »

ciaobaby wrote:
While it happend on live playback , it's not on the recording.
That is a problem with your audio card output processing then, I take it it is 'on-board' chipset without it's own processor?
I'm not saying no, but why does it happen only when qbittorrent is running in background?
neXus

Post by neXus »

ciaobaby wrote:
And both of them manifest same
Synchronously?
I wish :)

Note: Qbit is usually 99% on. I power it up by myself, I disabled "start on windows start".

This problem started from day one after installing Windows 10.

When I noticed this problem, I was using, well still using, HDMi audio. Because PC is connected to TV, as monitor, for watching movies. As I can adjust volume with remote.
Later, few days after, I tried over X-Fi, just to eliminate if there is, maybe, some problem with nVidia drivers, but same problem occured.

So I thought there was problem with LAN driver. So I installed few versions, but nothing.
Tried disabling AV, from exit to disabling AV service, uninstalled NDIS filter from AV, beside that I tried many things. Just to eliminate the cause.

When nothing helped I just raised buffer in VLC.

Few days after, I listened to music on AIMP3 on X-Fi and noticed same thing. Tested (one after another) audio outputs, same problem. Raised buffer there.

Somewhere later I watched YT, but this time over X-Fi, (X-Fi is primary audio) and what happened was a bit different than lagging, sound was normal went brrrrzzzzzz for few seconds, stabilized and sound continued on properly.

OK...maybe it was Flash.

At first I thought VLC was problem, but this happening on AMIP and YT, I thought that there is maybe something wrong with Windows.

Downloaded LatencyMon and always it pointed out to NDIS.sys. And I thought what the heck. Searched internet and it always pointed out that W8/8.1 had problems with latency on NDIS.sys.
I thought, "great, they copied disease from W8".

And again and again I tried to see if LAN driver is the cause, by reinstalling drivers.

I was a bit pissed off to see, beside many small bugs, but even major, that MS delivered unfinished product.

While messing around with PC, after restarts and restarts because of testing I played movie and nothing, pure no lagging sound. I thought great I fixed it by raising buffer.
Later, days after, another movie, lagging again. I was so bored.

After few days I wanted to watch some old episodes of Family Guy. Started Popcorn time twice, few days in between. And both times....no lagging. I was like WTF?
So I came in suspicion of Qbit. I disable Qbit when watching something with Popcorn.

I got myself into testing mode part 2.

Tested every program that provides audio. VLC, AIMP, YT with Qbit on and off. Everytime it was on it caused lagging, when off, no lagging.

Powered up LatencyMon, which showed that NDIS.sys has a peak, a big latency whenever Qbit is powered and very low (normal) when off.

Just to eliminate Qbit, to see if other internet/LAN resource using software or app is causing lag, I tried with YT and with TeamViewer. TW from both ends (I connect to my office computer and vice versa).
LatencyMon never showed spike/big latency over these two programs/app.

So everthing was pointing out to Qbit.

And yesterday, Qbit only proved that it causes lag.
I have Rosetta stone, because my girlfriend is learning English. Yesterday while she was learning with Rosetta, lag appeared in audio. I turned off Qbit and no lag appeared.

Afterall LatencyMon pointed out that everytime Qbit is on, whatever it is doing or nothing, it causes spike/latency in NDIS.sys.

Sorry if I have some mistakes in writing, I am writing fast.

But strangely, even if Qbit is downloading something, or even doing nothing, or even when I put upload to 5 KBps, everytime lag appeares randomly.

I am writing this as I remember, because I tested and tried many things just to eliminate the cause and today is 18th of August, so around 12-14 days have passed until I figured out what is wrong.
I'm not sitting as much on computer, but when it's entertainment time, well....this is a bit of annoyment.
Last edited by neXus on Tue Aug 18, 2015 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
apoklyps3

Post by apoklyps3 »

is it really lag or more like stuttering?
lag is a better way to describe delay.
"brrrrzzzzzz" sounds more like a stutter...a sound glitch.
neXus

Post by neXus »

Yeah I forgot to add.

By lag I mean it drops sound for a second or two. YT only made that glitch.

Maybe my bad expression.
apoklyps3

Post by apoklyps3 »

we're definitely having the same problem.
I've narrowed it down to qbittorrent too as it only occuurs when it's running, though I've never had it before updating to windows 10. eight way I find it a combination of both to cause the issue, with a little more to qbittorrent since it only occurs when it's running.
Did you notice it in games? I've had it happen in The Evil Within and Pro Evolution Soccer 2015. Have to say is not media playback dependent at all.
Nemo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Nemo »

I did not update to Windows 10 yet (cause of several reasons/issues that is going on the internet about it especially privacy problems) so I can't confirm this myself. Im on Windows 7 x64 and all works flawlessly.

There are also several Windows 10 issues at Github page reported. If it really is a qBittorrent problem (which is possible) im sure that it will be fixed as soon as possible.

I won't be surprised that this might be fixed when a big update is released for Windows 10. I still see it as a beta OS that has been hurried to release as fast as possible in my opinion.
neXus

Post by neXus »

Ok thanks.

Well, for Win 10, there are bunch of posts around the net, on how to disable everything regarding privacy. But, MS will eventually be hit with lawsuits regarding messing around with peoples private files and spying. Because we all know what privacy is and how is stated by law and constitution. Person can only be "spied" by court of law/judge approval, if person is doing something illegal. MS has no authority to be police and no state can give that kind of power to any company of this or any kind, which is not in system working for goverment and law.
Last edited by neXus on Wed Aug 19, 2015 12:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nemo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Nemo »

True, Windows 10 has nice improvments like DirectX 12 for example but we will see how it goes from here. Also thanks for your understanding neXus.

I also want to mention that sledge is on (a well deserved) vacation at the moment as far I read at Github but he will be back soon.
neXus

Post by neXus »

[quote="Nemo"]
True, Windows 10 has nice improvments like DirectX 12 for example but we will see how it goes from here. Also thanks for your understanding neXus.

I also want to mention that sledge is on (a well deserved) vacation at the moment as far I read at Github but he will be back soon.
[/quote]

Noooo problem  ;D

Afterall, company I work with will eventually move to Win 10, due to Win 7 EOL service and security support.
And if MS scans, tracks and other similarities on our confidential files, typing...etc. any kind of tracking...well definetly it will be hit by lawsuit.
i do not know how they missed that, but surely they hired someone stupid about this. Imagine a lot of companies affected with spying? Imagine MS broken..no money. :D
Nemo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Nemo »