Download metadata without allocating disk space?

Windows specific questions, problems.
Sevrr

Download metadata without allocating disk space?

Post by Sevrr »

Hi there, Im having some trouble with magnet links, as I have it set to add torrents in a stopped state.
Other clients would download the metadata and show file size, and file list. That way I could start which files I liked, when I had the disk space.
I am aware of two workarounds, but neither work for me:
1 Disabling full allocation, and
2 trying to time it perfect so the metadata downloads, but it hasn't yet created the file, which is just a pain.

Any solutions guys?
FliessendWasser

Re: Download metadata without allocating disk space?

Post by FliessendWasser »

You have to wait before adding the magnet link to the queue of qBittorrent.

When you add the link, qB should open with a new window, where usually the file list is shown. Wait for some moments, and a list should be provided along with the torrent's file size.
The time qBittorrent needs to crawl the metadata depends on how well the torrent is seeded/if there are peers who can provide the data.

As qBittorrent uses libtorrent as the library for torrents, it should not be about qBittorrent itself in case of failure, but it is about libtorrent then.
ciaobaby

Post by ciaobaby »

There is a third option. ... ...

Get a drive with more capacity.
Sevrr

Post by Sevrr »

[quote="ciaobaby"]
There is a third option. ... ...

Get a drive with more capacity.
[/quote]
Actually the problem is less with drive capacity, and more with crappy satellite internet / really long dl list...

[quote="brot0"]
You have to wait before adding the magnet link to the queue of qBittorrent.

When you add the link, qB should open with a new window, where usually the file list is shown. Wait for some moments, and a list should be provided along with the torrent's file size.
The time qBittorrent needs to crawl the metadata depends on how well the torrent is seeded/if there are peers who can provide the data.

As qBittorrent uses libtorrent as the library for torrents, it should not be about qBittorrent itself in case of failure, but it is about libtorrent then.
[/quote]

Ahhhh thank you for this, I guess it was because I've had "Display torrent content and some options" unticked for so long, I completely forgot about it >.>