Tracker status "Not working" on many torrents until Force Reannounce

Windows specific questions, problems.
trance9

Tracker status "Not working" on many torrents until Force Reannounce

Post by trance9 »

I have about 1300 torrents right now and at any given time, about 800-1000 have a tracker status of "Not Working". Once I Force Reannounce to the tracker, it will go back to "Working". Most of the torrents are using the same tracker and some will say Working and others Not Working so I do believe the tracker to be up and fully functional.

I did see that there was a global connection limit which I disabled, though I wasn't really sure if connecting to the tracker counted as a connection. That didn't seem to help though.

Thanks for any advice.
FliessendWasser

Re: Tracker status "Not working" on many torrents until Force Reannounce

Post by FliessendWasser »

Version of qBittorrent?
And which OS are you using?
trance9

Post by trance9 »

3.2.3 on windows 10.
trance9

Post by trance9 »

Upgraded to 3.2.4 and still have the same issue.
Switeck

Post by Switeck »

qBitTorrent may be trying to do too many tracker updates at once, after which the tracker quits responding for a short while.
Try lowering half-open connections to 10.
Krytos

Post by Krytos »

I have the same problem but not only that: It won't download / upload anything even if it's "working" not even an Ubuntu image. I would just switch to another client but I have over 7000 torrents and it would be a real pain in the ass. Please fix this. Never had this problem before. It just started happening a few days ago. Here's what I posted to reddit:

"Hey guys, I hope you can help me with my problem. For a couple days now qbittorrent just won't do what it's supposed to do. It won't download stuff even though it's connected to tons of peers. All the trackers say "not working" and when I force a reannounce to those trackers they say working but they actually don't (no download / no upload). I downloaded an Ubuntu image for testing as well and it's just stuck at 0%.

On top of that when I start qbittorrent all my torrents are in the "Error" tab under trackers to start out with. Then it works through some of them but not even 1/3 and the rest just stay in "Error".

When it's open it even sometimes limits my browsing speed so far that I can't open webpages at all. I even had to close qbittorrent to submit this post. (Even though it wasn't downloading / uploading)

Usually I would just switch to another client but I have over 7100 torrents in my client and it would be a real pain in the ass to transfer them all.

So I really hope you guys can help me out.

Specs:

Windows 10 x64

Intel Core i5 4670k

8GB G.Skill Trident @ 2400 MHz

ASRock z87 Fatal1ty Killer"
Switeck

Post by Switeck »

We need to know more about your qBT settings to determine if the problem/s lie there.
https://github.com/qbittorrent/qBittorr ... ed'-issues

"When it's open it even sometimes limits my browsing speed so far that I can't open webpages at all. I even had to close qbittorrent to submit this post. (Even though it wasn't downloading / uploading)"

qBT may not be directly at fault. That can also be a very high cpu-usage software firewall crippling your connection when qBT is active.
Krytos

Post by Krytos »

Did you read my specs? Pretty sure it's not the CPU. Firewall is disabled. Is there any way to export my settings into a txt or do I have to screenshot them?
Switeck

Post by Switeck »

An infinite loop may not care how fast the cpu is. Stuff like Norton is just malware junk.

Easiest to just do screenshots.
Advanced settings are my biggest concern, although the Connection, Speed, and BitTorrent sub-windows in Options are pretty important too.
Krytos

Post by Krytos »

SO nothing changed at all and now it's working again.... Strange.