Few small questions about qbt-windows

Windows specific questions, problems.
Nemo
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Few small questions about qbt-windows

Post by Nemo »

You can open a new issue at the Github page if you want, developers will look at it possibly. Explain it as detailed as possible, add your screenshots too and you can refer to this topic also.
internetaddict24

Post by internetaddict24 »

[quote="Nemo"]
You can open a new issue at the Github page if you want, developers will look at it possibly. Explain it as detailed as possible, add your screenshots too and you can refer to this topic also.
[/quote]

Yeah, i'll post a new issue there. I will also provide some logcats, and try to trigger a crash and provide the error logs, but i'm 99% sure that's an out of memory issue caused by the windows caches... Well, who knows, that might help :)

I can mark the thread as closed now. Thanks a lot everyone!
ciaobaby

Post by ciaobaby »

But again, when downloading the cache is barely even used and the HDD doesn't even break a sweat. And it's 6 times the speed and almost 3 times the amount of connections compared to the upload, that's what i found strange, 
... ...
exactly the opposite should happen...
Why would you think that?
sledgehammer_999
Administrator
Administrator

Post by sledgehammer_999 »

I think you should report it to libtorrent: https://github.com/arvidn/libtorrent/issues
internetaddict24

I was gone in the last few days and didn't have the time to further look at this. When i came back i saw a new version of qBittorrent got uploaded: 3.3.1. So i uninstalled 3.3.0, with all of the settings, and installed 3.3.1 from scratch. I kept my old conections/upload slots settings and set the cache at 1024 MiB with the cache expiry interval at the maximum of 600 s...

And what do you know, the hard drive is at 0% overload, on a simultaneous download and upload of 19 MiB/s!!! Before it was like completely wasted, and now it's just flying... did 3.3.1 just fixed the overload issues or is it just placebo? The changelog doesn't say anything related to it...

However... since installing 3.3.1 i can't connect to public trackers. All my private trackers work just fine, but public torrents just don't want to download. Is it from me or it's a new bug, i know 3.3.1 introduced some new bugs  :-\
Last edited by internetaddict24 on Tue Dec 08, 2015 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
internetaddict24

Look, i can max out my connection now... 25.1 MiB/s upload speed and absolutely no overloading!

I was right about to post a new issue on github related to the overloads and crashes i had, but i think it just got solved by itself in 3.3.1... Unfortunately the RAM usage is still high, but that's a libtorrent issue.

Last edited by internetaddict24 on Tue Dec 08, 2015 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nemo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Nemo »

Thanks for coming back on this.

Got a small sugesstion: can you blur or erase the torrent names next time before you upload a picture? I changed all the pictures for you.

Forum Rules and Guidelines, Paragraph VI:
- If you are posting an image of your qBittorrent client, please make sure to blur or delete the list of your torrents.
You may ask why, I pm'ed you :).
Last edited by Nemo on Tue Dec 08, 2015 7:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Switeck

Post by Switeck »

Easier to just shrink the torrent names column to just show their icon on the left.

You only using 1 drive for qBT + your Win OS?
internetaddict24

[quote="Nemo"]
Thanks for coming back on this.

Got a small sugesstion: can you blur or erase the torrent names next time before you upload a picture? I changed all the pictures for you.

You may ask why, I pm'ed you :).
[/quote]

Got it, replied back. I read the rules in a hurry when i signed up :)

[quote="Switeck"]
You only using 1 drive for qBT + your Win OS?
[/quote]

The Windows installation is on the SSD, all of the torrents are saved on the HDD.

LE: Took a closer look, it seems that i still can't connect to public trackers in 3.3.1. Fortunately private trackers work fine. Known issue or is it just from me? I've heard 3.3.2 is right around the corner...
Last edited by internetaddict24 on Wed Dec 09, 2015 7:48 am, edited 1 time in total.